Center Stand

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What the otherws above said & before lifting or pushing, twist your body to the right so that U are lifting, pressing, pushing toward the back of the bike. Makes a ton of difference where U are faceing, after all, that's the direction U want it to move, right!...Later,,,De :)

Is that English? :(
Will...kindy' sorta'! Ah orta noe, ah jis' happins tuh deal wuth sum peeple who tawk thettaway, soes ah lernt tuh typpit owt.

One would hope that others would understand a little levity juxtaposed into the discussion wherein the correct methods had already been described in detail. Maybe not. :dribble:

If I've said it once- I've said it a hunert times....your gonna need these---

David-Griffith-Mr-Universe-Physique.jpg

Or yew kud dew whut summa us more "larjer-framed" fellers dew: Jist pick that dang old sucker up wuth yer rat arm en reech down under the bike wuth yer dang old leff arm en flip thet doggone ol sinter-stan down then putt the bike down onnit. Werks fer me! If'n wunna the uther larje fellers is aroun', we jist pick up the FJR by the Givi rack en let the uther wun flip that dangly ol sinter-stan down, then put her down. Nivver had wun fallin' over yit. :blink:
Uhm...YMMV. :lol:
MM2, you know that's not the way you showed me. You told me to rev it to about 3k, then pop the clutch real fast while pushing down with my left foot on the center stand as the front end comes up, then flick the kill switch as the front wheel hits the ground. :lol: :lol:

+1 on making sure both legs of the center stand are touching before you push down with the foot and guide up with the hand hold.

When putting the bike down off the center stand, on the bike is safer, but if you do it from the side, keep the side stand up until the bike is on both wheels. Two reasons - it's possible to hit the extended stand and cause the bike to fall the opposite way. And two, it's pretty easy to pinch your toe with the stand as the bike comes down!

When putting the bike down off the center stand, on the bike is safer, but if you do it from the side, keep the side stand up until the bike is on both wheels. Two reasons - it's possible to hit the extended stand and cause the bike to fall the opposite way. And two, it's pretty easy to pinch your toe with the stand as the bike comes down!
Just ask Mr. TWN. :yahoo: :rofl:

Er, uhm....it's all about the technique, not the brute strength used.

Last edited by a moderator:
Be very careful taking the bike off the center stand if the kickstand is also down. I would not recommend it. Put the kickstand up before you bring the bike down or else the kickstand can come down on your foot and you can drop the bike trying to save your foot.