CFO 2006 Question

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@BREWTOWN: Sorry to hear about your son's accident. I bet that was not a good feeling to see that. Glad to hear he's alive and recovering.

As far as the scouting, I will let you know what weekends I'm thinking of going and we can work from there.

radman,

Tankslapper. The road had a section that was rough and he was accelerating on a rise after coming out of a corner. I think he probably had the suspension at the top, hit the rough road or some debris and lost the bars. He said last thing he remembers is hard jerk of the handlebars. I only saw him flipping down the the highway. The mirror stalk broke and tore through the shoulder of his jacket so that one shoulder had a puncture wound and a now a nice road tatoo. His helmet has 360 degrees of evidence with a very strong sales presentation for full face coverage (thank you KBC)

The gloves (alpinestars) and the boots (oxtars) worked very well. Unfortunately he learned first hand what I learned and always have preached, you dress for the crash, not for the ride. He's ready to go again this spring. I am not sure about his mother yet.

Enough of the dark side-Hope to see you at this years CFO. I made a short visit last year with my little bro and only chatted in the parking lot for an hour or so.

Windjammer,

Great website. Many of the roads we ride in that direction are all or part of the listed routes. The roads we ride most of our sw wi weekend runs are in the map they call "Deliverance." Have relatives in the area and there are some good county roads off the recommended routes on the site as well. You will have to join us on the scouting runs this spring. :agent:

@Brewtown:

I try to get out into the SW area whenever I can. So many roads, so little time. That website has been an excellent quick reference for finding new routes to try.

Thanks for the invite on the scouting runs. I'll keep my eyes peeled as spring approaches and tag along if I'm able. :D

Got the menu :chef: from the hotel. What would you guys like? We'll need to pick from this list, don't worry about the prices just yet. I'm going to have it set up that when you get your room you can pay for dinner when you get your room. Plus I believe we will be getting a break on the prices.

Let me know by this Friday what you would like. If there is something you would like but do not see here let me know and I'll contact the hotel. We'll go with what the majority of people want.

My vote is for the Prime Rib, Chicken, baked Patato & corn. :dribble:

CFO

Entrée Items Will Be Served Individually, Starting With Salad Bar, Followed By Entree Item And Than Finish With Dessert

All Entrees Will Include The Following:

Baby Red Mashed Potatoes or Baked Potato (Circle One)

Golden Kernel Corn or Vegetable Of Your Choice (Circle One)

Dinner Roll

Entrée Options: (Maximum 2 Choices)

10 Ounce Prime Rib $15.99

8 Ounce Rib eye $12.99

Turkey With Dressing $9.99

Honey Baked Ham $9.99

Chicken Breast $9.99

BBQ Ribs $9.99

Other Options Available Upon Request

Dessert Options (Please Circle One)

Cheesecake with Choice of Topping $2.50

Brownies Served with Vanilla Ice Cream and Carmel Sauce $2.00

Cake With Ice Cream $2.00

Banana Split $2.50

Other Options Available Upon Request

Buffet Style:

Assorted Pizza (Homemade 16 Inch) Serves 3 to 4 People $16.99

Salad Bar (Serves approximately 25 People) $60.00

Spaghetti with Garlic Bread And Salad Bar $7.99 per person

Hamburger (Build your Own) Bar $5.99 per person

Old Wisconsin Brats (Multiples of 9) $3.00 Each

Old Wisconsin Hot Dogs (Multiples of 12) $2.00 Each

Taco (Build your Own) Bar 50 Tacos $62.50

Chili With Breadsticks (12 Servings) $24.00

Chicken Salad Croissants (24 Sandwiches) $34.95

Chicken (Noodle or Rice) Soup (12 servings) $24.00

Man,

You guys are talking about what's for supper but I have looked through the threads and if I was asked when, where this event is being held .... I don't know how I would answer that...

Wisconsin.... near where we were last year?

Sometime in September.... middle-ish?

Am I close? ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
@ grnarrowe:

Maybe you need to start a new thread announcing when and where CFO-06 will be.

I also have a question regarding your latest post. Are you saying that the hotel needs to know what we want to eat in January for the September get together?

BTW, thanks for running lead on this CFO stuff.

Brewtown

Sorry to hear about your sons crash. Glad to hear he's recovering. There is nothing worse than having to see one of your children get injured. I have an 11 year old that loves riding.

I would love to go on a scouting run to check out the area. Last years CFO area was such a great area to ride. I was riding with fjrzonin, and we have ridden a few times since.

I will start a new thread on this.

Wheaton, I want to get this set before riding season starts. I don't want to be on the phone trying to get this together when I could be riding or doing other things around the house.