CFO 2007

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FJR1300

FJR Pilot
Reaction score
The following is a PM that I received from another board member. I know some will think it's wrong for me to post the contents of a PM... but, oh well. I have also received a couple of other PM's and I was told I would not be welcome on fjrforum.com if I planned CFO for Arkansas at anytime of the year. So as far as I am concerned...

CFO 2007 in Russellville, Arkansas is CANCELLED.

ADMIN NOTE!!!
Members [SIZE=14pt]WILL NOT [/SIZE]post a PRIVATE MESSAGE in the public domain!!!!!!!

EVER!!!!

On a related note, the web site Arkansas Rider will be going live in about two months. I have been riding in Arkansas for more than five years and this was something I've wanted to do for a while. I have already been in contact with the Arkansas Department of Parks and Tourism and I will be putting together a ride for ALL riders sometime in the Fall of 2007. A location for the event has not been determined, but I will have details posted on Arkansas Rider.

Last edited by a moderator:
"SFO has dibs on Arkansas..." ??????? You have got to be kidding!

So now there are regional boundaries for gatherings? I guess I missed the post on the new fjrforum owners gathering boundaries. My bad. I guess "members" from one region are no longer welcome in other regions? Will guards be posted at the appropriate state borders and interlopers shot on sight?

Or is this the great land rush of the 1889 all over again?

If so, I claim Canada, all land north of the Mason Dixon line and all territory west of the Mississippi except California, Oregon and apparently Arkansas as someone else already has "dibs".

Please contact me before attempting to drive an FJR through any of my territory. I will issue a 7 day permit for those I deem worthy. You will need to reapply for each new 7 day permit. Violators will be shot on sight.

CFO was formed before SFO I believe. CFO stands for Central FJR Owners. Not northern, not midwest. The original territory extended from the Canadian border to the Mexican border, Ohio, Mississippi and Missouri river basins. Therefor the SFO group appears to squatting on CFO territory. Get off our land!!!!

:p :tease:

I will be out of town on business all next week and will not be able to ride my FJR in my home state. California is open for use by all who choose to use it.

:D ;)

I'm planning on riding in North Georgia this weekend. Can anyone advise if this legal and ethical?

-jwilly

:blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

Where the hell did all these 'Rules' appear from.

If someone is prepared to put the time and effort into organizing a meet then they have the right to plan where it's going to be and they can call it whatever they want to.

Chris

North Georgia appears to be part of the "Forbidden Zone". All who travel there do so at their own risk. Roving, lawless bands of FJR riders have created micro zones that you will have have to pass through at your own risk. I would be packing if I were you. Think "Deliverance".

:tease:

Well, I guess everything is bigger in Texas.. Even ego's :blink: :blink: :blink:

"SFO has dibs on Arkansas..." ??????? You have got to be kidding!
CFO was formed before SFO I believe. CFO stands for Central FJR Owners. Not northern, not midwest. The original territory extended from the Canadian border to the Mexican border, Ohio, Mississippi and Missouri river basins. Therefor the SFO group appears to squatting on CFO territory. Get off our land!!!!

:p :tease:
Amen Brother John.

Man this is going to be a hot one.

FJR1300 had no right to post my PM to him and that clearly speaks volumes about his character. And as far as boundaries about regional gatherings - you bet there is. I worked hard to create SFO and his blatant attempt to copy it - even though he knew we already had plans for 2007 for 2 events - are not going to be tolerated. Everyone is welcome to come to SFO, so stop trying to ruin a good thing. SFO was not created to step on CFO's toes. It was created to service the riding desires of those who live in the south because Wisconsin is just too far away for us to go for a weekend event. And we have great roads right here in Arkansas. This has nothing to do with Texas.

And CFO 07 is not cancelled. It is just having a venue change. Which never should have happened in the first place. A little respect for my efforts Marc!

And I used the word "dibs" because SFO already has a standing presence in Russellville. Future plans were made while we were there and they were made public on here when we returned. Because we literally just got done with this event and I'm working my ass off right now at work, so more planning and decision making about next years events had been put on hold. We are still 8 months away from June and 7 months away from May. There was no need to start discussing this now. My plan was to jump on it after the holidays. So just because FJR1300 tried to "beat me to it" doesn't mean he has the right to hijack our SFO's intentions for next year and call it CFO. Bounce would be here assisting me right now but he's on a time-out. The fact that FJR1300 never contacted myself or Bounce doesn't sit well with us. We would have been happy to agree to some sort of co-event but we were never given that chance.

I'm guessing this thread is going to out run the police answering machine post from the other day...yikes!

FJR1300 had no right to post my PM to him and that clearly speaks volumes about his character.
Like I said, some would think it was not PC... but oh well!

And as far as boundaries about regional gatherings - you bet there is. I worked hard to create SFO and his blatant attempt to copy it - even though he knew we already had plans for 2007 for 2 events - are not going to be tolerated.
Didn't you just tell me in another PM that you were only going to do a spring ride? I guess I can post that PM too! As others mentioned, I did not know there were any rules for events.

Everyone is welcome to come to SFO, so stop trying to ruin a good thing.
Everyone is welcome, as long as they do what you say... correct?

My plan was to jump on it after the holidays. So just because FJR1300 tired to "beat me to it" doesn't mean he has the right to hijack our SFO's intentions for next year and call it CFO.
Sorry... but I didn't try to "beat you to it." I received an e-mail from one of the guys who had done CFO in 2006 and I was just trying to help because the person they asked to setup CFO in Arkansas could not commit to doing it.

And CFO 07 is not cancelled. It is just having a venue change. Which never should have happened in the first place. A little respect for my efforts Marc!
Respect this...

:fuck:

Wow!!! I believe I can see claws extended and fangs bared...never thought I would see this out of someone in this group...looks like the Welcome mat has been rolled up in Arkansas... :huh:

Looks like Arkansas is off-limits to the unwashed masses...

Is that what they mean by "southern hospitality"!?

It's nice to see that the Forum might actually be like many other organizations: full of politics, power struggles, bureaucracy, inflated egos and immature backbiting. And here I was afraid it might be something as simple as a diverse group of individuals sharing in and supporting a common passion. Silly me.

What an absurd notion that one group allow another to "piggy back" on a successful gathering. Why, that wouldn't be selfish at all. Why should one group of forum members do ANYTHING to assist another group? :angry2: For that matter, why should any individual help another? :angry: :angry: Exactly WHAT IS the purpose of this forum!?!?!?!?

Sounds like some may have forgotten. :blink:

I know I'm new to the forum, but I'm pretty sure we can do better than this.

Is that what they mean by "southern hospitality"!?
It's nice to see that the Forum might actually be like many other organizations: full of politics, power struggles, bureaucracy, inflated egos and immature backbiting. And here I was afraid it might be something as simple as a diverse group of individuals sharing in and supporting a common passion. Silly me.

What an absurd notion that one group allow another to "piggy back" on a successful gathering. Why, that wouldn't be selfish at all. Why should one group of forum members do ANYTHING to assist another group? :angry2: For that matter, why should any individual help another? :angry: :angry: Exactly WHAT IS the purpose of this forum!?!?!?!?

Sounds like some may have forgotten. :blink:

I know I'm new to the forum, but I'm pretty sure we can do better than this.
RiderCoach, shall we highjack this thread? :D

Do you teach at UofI or NIU? I teach with NIU and you are welcome to join us :yahoo: I mostly serve CLC and GTL locations.

In her reply, Michelle says that she's going to do both a spring and fall ride... so we can't have CFO in Arkansas in the fall. However, in a previous PM... she stated the following.

ADMIN NOTE!!!
Members [SIZE=14pt]WILL NOT [/SIZE]post a PRIVATE MESSAGE in the public domain!!!!!!!

EVER!!!!

DISCLAIMER: I do not usually post PM's from another member, however this person is saying one thing on the public board and another in her PM's to me.

Highjack it? I'm going to ignore it and pretend it never happened. It's embarrassing.

I teach for NIU...mostly at COD. See you at the roundtable tomorrow?

Status
Not open for further replies.