CFR 2009 Registration is Open!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed up, paid, got a room. Looks as if I am on my way to Canada once more. Planning to do part of the Selkirk Loop on the way up and the rest on the way down to Utah. Anyone else doing the loop?
Longrider
What is the Selkirk Loop?

Looking for the best twisties from New Mexico on up to Nakusp and then back. Does anyone have one of those "You gotta ride this road" especially for Utah, Wyoming, Idaho and Montana?
Try www.selkirkloop.org for information. Also they put out a good booklet about the loop.

Longrider
Thanks for the tips :yahoo:

What is the Selkirk Loop?Looking for the best twisties from New Mexico on up to Nakusp and then back. Does anyone have one of those "You gotta ride this road" especially for Utah, Wyoming, Idaho and Montana?
MUST RIDE:

Old Spiral Highway, 5 miles north of Lewiston ID on Hwy 95, between Hwy 95 and Hwy 128.

[SIZE=8pt]Do not[/SIZE]...[SIZE=10pt]Do Not[/SIZE]...[SIZE=14pt]DO NOT[/SIZE] miss an opportunity to ride this short but exhilarating piece of twisting pavement. Ride it once...and again...and again...and again. You will not be disappointed!
yeah man! This will drive my wife crazy, she cant understand how I can sit and study maps all the time! :D

What is the Selkirk Loop?Looking for the best twisties from New Mexico on up to Nakusp and then back. Does anyone have one of those "You gotta ride this road" especially for Utah, Wyoming, Idaho and Montana?
MUST RIDE:

Old Spiral Highway, 5 miles north of Lewiston ID on Hwy 95, between Hwy 95 and Hwy 128.

[SIZE=8pt]Do not[/SIZE]...[SIZE=10pt]Do Not[/SIZE]...[SIZE=14pt]DO NOT[/SIZE] miss an opportunity to ride this short but exhilarating piece of twisting pavement. Ride it once...and again...and again...and again. You will not be disappointed!
yeah man! This will drive my wife crazy, she cant understand how I can sit and study maps all the time! :D
Mine too...she thinks it's funny how I break out the maps and gazetteers and drool over the twisty roads. She has come to accept it. It helps keep me happy in the winter months.

Mine too...she thinks it's funny how I break out the maps and gazetteers and drool over the twisty roads. She has come to accept it. It helps keep me happy in the winter months.
I now use Google Earth to verify the quality of the road. Try it.

Does it give you that good detail? How?

Does it give you that good detail? How?
Well, lets put it this way. I can often tell if the road is gravel vs. pavement. I can tell if the road is single lane or two lane. I can analysis the curves better. It shows all the curves vs a few of the curves or multiple straight line curves. You get elevations so you can determine the slope. If you can't see the road, you know it is in the forest or trees.

Now if the detail of the photo is old, you might not see much of anything, but that is changing. Oregon is almost 100% new photos and with great detail.

Anymore?

Well, lets put it this way. I can often tell if the road is gravel vs. pavement. I can tell if the road is single lane or two lane. I can analysis the curves better. It shows all the curves vs a few of the curves or multiple straight line curves. You get elevations so you can determine the slope. If you can't see the road, you know it is in the forest or trees.
Try looking at these roads: 33.17'40.88"N - 116.53'08.35:W (S Grade Rd., CA) vs top rated scenic road in B.C. Hwy 3A at: 49.25'14.37"N - 116.53'32.87"W near Boswell.

I'm regestered, and looking forward to going up, for all the Washington riders we should have a meet and greet before the rally.

[Well, lets put it this way. I can often tell if the road is gravel vs. pavement. I can tell if the road is single lane or two lane. I can analysis the curves better. It shows all the curves vs a few of the curves or multiple straight line curves. You get elevations so you can determine the slope. If you can't see the road, you know it is in the forest or trees.
Now if the detail of the photo is old, you might not see much of anything, but that is changing. Oregon is almost 100% new photos and with great detail./quote]

So with all this Bullshit your peddling,,, You can't tell that "Barb" has a lot of curves....... You Sorry Sonofabitch...... Any body thats still alive,( cept for MadMike II) and Barb will get even with him)

Eh, Old man, your days are numbered, The only chance you have is to hide out in the Parking lot with FJRay and Me, We will do our best to protect you

Anybody that's still alive,( cept for MadMike II) and Barb will get even with him)
Eh, Old man, your days are numbered, The only chance you have is to hide out in the Parking lot with FJRay and Me, We will do our best to protect you
Welllll.....yes, but.....THAT will be entertaining and will fulfill my prediction that Barb is "entertainment". At least, it'll be entertaining for everyone but me. :eek:

[SIZE=8pt]Wait a minute...that means I'm right! Uh..uhm..er..now I'm really confusilated.[/SIZE]

Anybody that's still alive,( cept for MadMike II) and Barb will get even with him)
Welllll.....yes, but.....THAT will be entertaining and will fulfill my prediction that Barb is "entertainment". At least, it'll be entertaining for everyone but me. :eek:

[SIZE=8pt]Wait a minute...that means I'm right! Uh..uhm..er..now I'm really confusilated.[/SIZE]
Whhoooaaaa, Michael, you best sit down....you seem to be a bit delusional ATM. A man? correct about something? I am sorry, there is just no place for that in 'the book'.

So with all this Bullshit your peddling,,, You can't tell that "Barb" has a lot of curves....... You Sorry Sonofabitch...... Any body thats still alive,( cept for MadMike II) and Barb will get even with him)
:wub: I love it that you know me so well.... :wub:

blufjr: I'm an absolutely ancient Neanderthal when it comes to technology, I actually think GPS es el trabajo para El Diablo!

But I have to admit that Google Earth is an amazing piece of work! Last October I rode with five other guys to Guadalajara and Puerto Vallarta in Jalisco Estado. Twenty years previously I had ridden the coastal road between San Blas and Las Varas.

I was on my Harley-Davidson FLH Electra-Glide and road was dirt back then, but OK because the road was dry as a bone.

This time we left as the largest hurricane/chubasco of the season was hitting Mexico from the border of USA to Guatemala.

Didn't want to chance it if this road was still dirt. Google Earth showed it was paved in the most amazingly unbelievable detail.

A man? correct about something? I am sorry, there is just no place for that in 'the book'.
[SIZE=12pt]'Zactly so!![/SIZE]

Hehehe. ;)

BTW, that also 'splains why more and more experienced men are choosing to live alone and avoid certain associations with women (i.e., those modeling an employer-employee relationship): it's the indescribable comfort of a [SIZE=12pt]sustained illusion of NOT being wrong 24/7[/SIZE].

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's a word of warning for ya'll that might be thinking of tangling with Barb at the rally. You better study up on some of this stuff or you will be toast. Starting point is to understand words women use:

FINE
This is the word women use to end an argument when they are right and you need to shut up.

FIVE MINUTES

If she is getting dressed, this is half an hour. Five minutes is only five minutes if you have just been given 5 more minutes to watch the game before helping around the house.

NOTHING
This is the calm before the storm. This means "something," and you should be on your toes. Arguments that begin with 'Nothing' usually end in "Fine"

GO AHEAD

This is a dare, not permission. Don't do it.

LOUD SIGH

This is not actually a word, but is a nonverbal statement often misunderstood by men. A "Loud Sigh" means she thinks you are an idiot and wonders why she is wasting her time standing here and arguing with you over "Nothing"

THAT'S OKAY

This is one of the most dangerous statements that a woman can make to a man. "That's Okay" means that she wants to think long and hard before deciding how and when you will pay for your mistake.

THANKS
A woman is thanking you. Do not question it or faint. Just say you're welcome.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's a word of warning for ya'll that might be thinking of tangling with Barb at the rally. You better study up on some of this stuff or you will be toast. Starting point is to understand words women use:

FINE
This is the word women use to end an argument when they are right and you need to shut up.

FIVE MINUTES

If she is getting dressed, this is half an hour. Five minutes is only five minutes if you have just been given 5 more minutes to watch the game before helping around the house.

NOTHING
This is the calm before the storm. This means "something," and you should be on your toes. Arguments that begin with 'Nothing' usually end in "Fine"

GO AHEAD

This is a dare, not permission. Don't do it.

LOUD SIGH

This is not actually a word, but is a nonverbal statement often misunderstood by men. A "Loud Sigh" means she thinks you are an idiot and wonders why she is wasting her time standing here and arguing with you over "Nothing"

THAT'S OKAY

This is one of the most dangerous statements that a woman can make to a man. "That's Okay" means that she wants to think long and hard before deciding how and when you will pay for your mistake.

THANKS
A woman is thanking you. Do not question it or faint. Just say you're welcome.

Don't forget the "Thank you Mistress, may I have another?" ;)

I've bin married for 34 years and just when you think you know it all they come out with all new words and phrases. :unsure:

A helpful example so we men can all speak with Barb in a way she better understands.

CLICKY

Status
Not open for further replies.