CFR 2009 Registration is Open!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FastJoyRide

Reaction score
SECOND EDIT: We have reopened registrations for a few more tickets. See Post #253 and the CFR 2009 Registration - the sequel thread for details.

EDIT: This rally is sold out and we have created a numbered waiting list - see post #181 for more information.

Well I sincerely appreciate all of y'all's patience with us in getting this rally planned and the new website launched. This is going to be an intimate "boutique" event - harking back to the early days of WFO rallies, with lots of opportunity to meet and spend quality time with other FJR owners, kick tires, ride some gob-smackingly beautiful roads and generally have a great time. We will be centered in Nakusp, BC, at the nicest hotel in town - AND THEY HAVE BLOCKED EVERY ONE OF THEIR ROOMS FOR US!! (but only until they are gone - or March 31, 2009 - whichever comes first) :yahoo: :clapping:

The Committee:

FastJoyRide (Dave) - RallyMaster/Registration

FJR Guy (Jeff) - WebMaster/Marketing/Idea Guy!

Kasey (Kathryn) - Rides Guru (wait til you see these rides!)

Bearly Flying (Don) - Parking Nazi (kinder, gentler, Canadian style - eh?)

RocketDoc (John) - Assistant Rides Guru/Sponsorship/Rally Memento

MikeH (Mike) - Sponsorship/secret event - and all around intimidating presence!

Gypsy (Jude) - Immediate Past RallyMaster/Web consultant

And a special thanks to Colin24 (Colin) for his artwork on the CFR logo - we're keeping the ties to CFR 2007 and CFR 2008

The Website: https://www.cfr.fjrrally.com/

The Timing: We only have room for 100 people (including pillions) and that's assuming that solo riders in twin rooms will be prepared to share (free earplugs on-site). So what are you doing reading the rest of this post! Click that link! Get over to that Website! Register! Pay! Get your secret hotel code by e-mail! Book one of those beautiful but scarce rooms!

Seriously folks, based on the 9 pages of posts on my last thread, there are a lot of people planning to make CFR a must-do for 2009, so please don't delay if you want to play in the beautiful Kootenays region of BC with us in June.

The Cancellation policy: We have tried to make it as user-friendly and non-onerous as possible to encourage early sign-ups, and to not punish people whose plans change for reasons beyond their control, yet also not to kill the committee with administration. See the website for full details - we hope that you find it fair.

The Philosophy: Collectively the members of the committee have attended a lot of FJR rallies - and we've loved them. We want to set a tone for CFR 2009 of massive fun - but SAFE fun - and RESPECTFUL fun (we'll be guests in a very small community that is very welcoming to riders of all marques). We promise you great value for your modest registration fee. We already have several neat surprises for you that we haven't even put on the Website. So - don't be a looky-loo - become a PLAYER - now!

See you there!

Dave

(Iggy: Would you please pin this for me? Thanks!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Done! Yay! Glad I had to work late tonight... :hyper:

COOL, registered and ready. :yahoo:

Now I have to plan the trip there and back, so many choices. :)

I'm in! Looking forward to this guess I had better get my card or a passport.

We are in !! :yahoo:

When I picked a large shirt size for the pillion, the data base changed the size from LG to XL ? This happened twice in a row, you may want to check that out ?? ( I needed two large shirts )

Thanks for the organization !!!

BTW , the Nakusp area rocks !!! If you can't ride the twisties with one eye on the road and another on the scenery you might want to practice a little !!

Last edited by a moderator:
Registrations are pouring in! Thanks folks.

Hotel code e-mails will be sent later today - in the same order that registrations have been received. Thanks for your continuing patience.

I'm still waiting for another discount code to add to those e-mails from a generous sponsor who we haven't even got up on the Website yet.

Off to the hospital now to visit Sylvia and her brand-new left knee!

Holy crap! My FJRGuy mailbox has never seen so much traffic is such a short time!

Glad to see such enthusiasm for what will be the best damn FJR rally our fair country has ever seen!

:yahoo: [SIZE=36pt]30% Sold! Already!!![/SIZE] :yahoo:

Keep them registrations coming!

OK, it is done. All signed up and looking forward to my first FJR rally. Superb job on the web site!

Status
Not open for further replies.