Chandler AZ, 01-16-16, BeemerDon's Service

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don would never want to interfere with your plans for a new year's eve drink, but his funeral is now apparently delayed until January 16. So, Joe, you'll have to ride in what may be colder weather, or maybe arrange for a trip to Phoenix.

The funeral and burial for Don Stanley has been rescheduled due to delays in Mexico. His funeral service will be Saturday, January 16, 2016 @ 10:30AM at Valley of the Sun Mortuary and Cemetery 10940 E. Chandler Heights Road, Chandler AZ. www.valleyofthesunfuneralhome.com If anyone needs to arrange a flight, the funeral home works with a travel agent to arrange bereavement travel at the lowest cost. If interested, just call 1-800-224-4177 and give them Don's name and the reference # is 4044. Feel free to contact me if you have questions. Thank you for all of your prayers and comments!
Tis no shame to remember a good man whenever you choose. I think I'll grab a Bushmills tomorrow. Everytime someone proposes to drink to Don, I'll pour a bit. While the loss is acute, I'll be feeling less pain for a while.

Four blessings upon you...
Older whiskey
Younger women
Faster horses
More money

Wondering what possibilities are of making a 3 day run to Chandler for Don's service 12-31-15. Need to get on-call relief for me to go. Right at 600 miles for me.
Anyone one else tentatively planning to ride out?

Hey Don, whenever the service will be, I may be looking to ride with you to attend. At the moment it may be on the 16th of January - Saturday.

Brodie

rolleyes.gif
Brodie, it would be fun to ride with you there. I really enjoyed the ride to Gerlach we had. Just know I don't have a whole lotta time so, unfortunately, it will be slab city for me.

Don, you might wanna think about changing the thread title to the revised funeral date...
Mark, YES, and done.

Oh, btw, I hear from a good source that BeemerDon's is IN to make this event!

I'm planning on arriving on Friday evening and returning home on Sunday evening. Yes, Barb and I will be sharing a room and we know Don with give a hearty, HUBBA HUBBA & HUBBA!
wub.png

EDIT: Looking for a closer place to the wake instead of the memorial service.

UPDATE: Best Western Apache Junction.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd love to say I'm IN...but I don't want to confuse anybody.

Tyler and Barb....Don would definitely be hubba, hubba, hubba-ing in anticipation!

The TRUTH.

I'm planning on arriving on Friday evening and returning home on Sunday evening. There is a Holiday Inn about 2 miles from the mortuary so I'm going to make a reservation today for me and Barb... yes, Barb and I will be sharing a room and we know Don with give a hearty, HUBBA HUBBA & HUBBA!
wub.png
Tyler and Barb.... It looks like the Wake is approx 35 miles from the service..

Maybe better to change to a closer Wake location?

I'm planning on arriving on Friday evening and returning home on Sunday evening. There is a Holiday Inn about 2 miles from the mortuary so I'm going to make a reservation today for me and Barb... yes, Barb and I will be sharing a room and we know Don with give a hearty, HUBBA HUBBA & HUBBA!
wub.png

Good point, Don... I'll look for something closer to Brian's house. Stay tuned! :)

wub.png

Good point, Don... I'll look for something closer to Brian's house. Stay tuned!
smile.png
UBER!

wub.png

Good point, Don... I'll look for something closer to Brian's house. Stay tuned!
smile.png

maybe?

https://book.bestwestern.com/bestwestern/US/AZ/Apache-Junction-hotels/BEST-WESTERN-Apache-Junction-Inn/Hotel-Overview.do?propertyCode=03143

Since my bride has family in the PHX area, we'll drive out in our mini van. I'll volunteer to be designated driver for a few souls who wish a ride après wake. Caveat: I'm a stick-in-the-mud and will leave sometime after sunset! If you're planning on pushing through until dawn, Uber is your best bet.

Last edited by a moderator:
I booked Fri - Sun leaving Monday morning.

Since my bride has family in the PHX area, we'll drive out in our mini van. I'll volunteer to be designated driver for a few souls who wish a ride après wake.Caveat: I'm a stick-in-the-mud and will leave sometime after sunset! If you're planning on pushing through until dawn, Uber is your best bet.
Well, that sounds UtterUberCoolio.. and I won't be up too late... and I promise not puke in your car. Not sure about Barb, though, she's a Canadian light weight...
flirt.gif

What are your plans for the ride out DC?
Depending upon temps... if warm slab it down 5 over to 10... if cold, down the coast then over... somehow an airplane and rental car is looking better and better??? I mean, ride a motobike or fly a plane to a motobikers service when it's only 600 miles? What am I,
aikido.gif
or
flirt.gif
??