Check Your Bolts!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thug

A shy retiring flower in a Thug's exterior
Reaction score
I am currently having Matisse Alloy sliders and an MC electronic cruise control fitted today by my friendly neighbourhood Yammy tech. I mentioned to them today that I have noticed recently (last 6 weeks or so) a slight increase in engine vibration in the 4000 to 6000rph range and do you think it may need a TBS? (I'v eonly done 5,500K's so far) Gee I would doubt it, said my techy, It's rare for them to go out that much, not impossible but rare. Ok I said and left it at that.

Went in this arvo and the techy is still finishing up on the cruise control and as I am leaving he says oh by the way you know that engine vibration you mentioned? yes I said, well, the left hand side engine bolts were very loose and they would have been lucky to have no more than 10PSI of torgue in them!

You little slanty eyed bastards I thought to my self...If there so good at designing things how about a bolt that doesn't come loose!!!

Anyway my techy gets my yeah for the day!

Last edited by a moderator:
While putting my Moto sliders on last week, I made a similar discovery. The pinch bolts on the right side engine mounts were not torqued.

Makes me want to check further. But I'll most likely just wait until my teeth start rattling.