Chicagoland Forum Member Gathering - July 6

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Larry, et al:

I'll be at McDonald's around 8:15 a.m. I also will bring a camera. I promise not to lead.

Jon

Larry, looks like I goofed a bit, I emailed you earlier to let you know I was coming but neglected to reaffirm on the board. I plan on meeting up with you guys if still possible at starved rock. That's approximately 3 hours for me and I don't have to travel north into the city.

Larry, looks like I goofed a bit, I emailed you earlier to let you know I was coming but neglected to reaffirm on the board. I plan on meeting up with you guys if still possible at starved rock. That's approximately 3 hours for me and I don't have to travel north into the city.
Wanderlust - where are you in Indiana? Turvy and I are heading out from Crown Point - route TBD. You are are welcome to come with us.

griff/Carl

OK. Here is a scope on the meeting for northern folks. Let's meet in Schaumburg on parking lot of the Streets of Woodfield shopping mall. It is directly west of 53 and just north of Higgins rd. Meeting place by Starbucks.

Alex, if I'm on Higgins going west where do I turn in to Starbucks? Medic are you meeting there too?

Starbucks is on Streets of Woodfield shopping plaza kind of on the middle right next to the Citibank. It is directly west of 53 north of higgins.

Hello,

Larry, I chatted w/ you the other day about the PCIII and I'd love to join you guys on this ride if there is still space. I know the request is short notice but it is the best I could do. Please let me know if there is room for another feejer. I would be happy to meet you at the McDonalds, which I believe was on Rt. 6 and I-55? Is 8:30 am the time? If you could, just confirm the exact spot you guys are meeting and the time so I can be sure to not hold anyone back. Look forward to meeting everyone!

OK. Here is a scope on the meeting for northern folks. Let's meet in Schaumburg on parking lot of the Streets of Woodfield shopping mall. It is directly west of 53 and just north of Higgins rd. Meeting place by Starbucks.
Alex, if I'm on Higgins going west where do I turn in to Starbucks? Medic are you meeting there too?
If you are headed west on Higgins, go under the 53 overpass and turn right at the corner with "Shaw's Crab House" and the Streets of Woodfield shopping area. Proceed straight and you cannot miss Starbucks on the left and in the middle of the complex.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello,Larry, I chatted w/ you the other day about the PCIII and I'd love to join you guys on this ride if there is still space. I know the request is short notice but it is the best I could do. Please let me know if there is room for another feejer. I would be happy to meet you at the McDonalds, which I believe was on Rt. 6 and I-55? Is 8:30 am the time? If you could, just confirm the exact spot you guys are meeting and the time so I can be sure to not hold anyone back. Look forward to meeting everyone!
Yes, there's always room for another Feejer. See post #53 and some of the subsequent ones for meeting times and places.

Hey do you have room for another if so please ship me the information I heard it was cheaper with DHL.

Yep, I'll be there bright eyed and bitchy ;) , I'm definitely not a morning person, but for this crowd I'll make an exception.

Well, it's 4:22 am and I'm severely loosing a battle against a determined one year old. I hope, but doubt, I'll be at the meeting zone at Rt. 6 / I-55 by 8:30 am. Don't wait for me please. I highly believe I will be a casualty of war. A for effort? Please? Enjoy fully and stay safe if I can't tell ya's in person.

Made it home, followed airgirl on a nice slow ride South on Rt 26 along the river. Stopped at the riverside park in Lacon for a break and refreshments. Actually it was kind of fun to lay back an smell the roses for a change, instead or railing the sweepers and burning though the twisties(ah did I say that?) :dribble:

This was airgirl's first road trip little over 150 mile today for us, she really liked the ride, ready to go again. I think I see the beginning of and addiction here

Airgirl enjoyed meeting you all, and give "MOM" a good report on the group, so I'm not grounded or anything.

Hope everone made it home safe and had as good a time as we did.

Nice meeting everybody today, putting faces to screen names and talking in person instead of online. Weather was great although a little warm and humid (I was wishing 73 degrees and 20% humidity)...oh yeah and my pinky hurts. :)

Fun day...

...after brunch I led myself, a couple others, and some smarter ones that refused to follow down a gravel road and up a washboard hill in an attempt to find good roads that I obviously hadn't been on before. Surprisingly...I actually found my way relatively well AFTER THAT and found a new little 8 mile long secret river road with some decent curves on it.

Actually that little turn around, stop, go down "the wrong road" was a "test" for you riders...most of you failed... :lol:

j/k as always...had a great time.

Thanks RCL! :clapping: Had a great day. :yahoo:

See some of you at NAFO and Larry I'll try to put a sticky note in my pocket to remind me to pick up your $150 shirt for you. :clapping:

;)

Sorry I had to bail on the group ride up to Rockford. I received a voice mail right as we were leaving the park, and had to dash for home. I am just now getting home for the night (had to go back out and do work once I got off the bike). Good thing brunch was so filling, since I have only had time for a diet Coke since then.

Good meeting people. Hope to do it again soon.

Nice to meet everyone again from the Chicago area. Had a great ride over and back. Thanks for getting this together, Larry. Thanks Turvy for finding all those twisties between Indiana and Starved Rock. And Wheaton - I don't think my FJR will make it as a dual sport!!

Thanks Larry for getting this organized, and all that helped out it was a great turnout. I ll be scouring the web looking for some enduro treads to match up to my fjr1300 GS. Look forward to the next meeting.

Gravel Good.

B

Thanks for putting this together Larry. I had a great time. Looks like I missed out on some real fun with the gravel! Someone has to give me the full story. Wish I could have rode with you but was thankful you guys held back as long as you did for me. At least now I have a better idea how the ural handles distances at speed. I'll post the pictures (or at least try to) tomorrow. :D