Chicagoland Forum Member Gathering - July 6

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally found time to log on. Between work and house there is no time left for anything. Wife decided to loose some weight using some strange diet. She went under a knife last Monday. Between her and her doctor they decide to take a gold bladder out? Something to do with stones and such :) She is doing great and I should have no problem going for a spin next weekend.

Larry, I will be meting you at Lemont and bringing the northern group with me. I guess if we are to meet you at 7:30 we need to leave at 6:30 from north burbs. Anyone need a wake up call post up :)

OK. Here is a scope on the meeting for northern folks. Let's meet in Schaumburg on parking lot of the Streets of Woodfield shopping mall. It is directly west of 53 and just north of Higgins rd. Meeting place by Starbucks. Be there no later then 6:30 that is when we pull out to meet Larry at the school in Lemont.

Richard, you are close to me and if you want we can either meet by my house or somewhere on Lake Cook. Let me know what you would like to do.

Larry, do you want me to search for a cool route to Starved Rock that we can take. When I had more time I used to ride alot with the sport bike guys and they had a nice twisty route that we can take starting from that gas station where we meet last time. I can try to find that route.

Larry, do you want me to search for a cool route to Starved Rock that we can take. When I had more time I used to ride alot with the sport bike guys and they had a nice twisty route that we can take starting from that gas station where we meet last time. I can try to find that route.

Yes, Alex, please hawk out a decent route to Starved Rock from the McDonald's at Route 6 & I-55. If anyone has one already, please PM Alex. Also, see my post #24 regarding the way to get into the lodge.

I will shoot to be at the Starbucks at the Streets of Woodfield by 6:00 am. that way I can have a little coffee before we hit the road to head south. Hell, compared to my normal week day, I will even be able to sleep in a little bit.

Can't wait. See you all then.

Larry, can the reservation be moved by about an hour? Route that I got is about 2 - 2.5 hours long with a small break in between if needed. Very nice route from what I remember. If not maybe we should start a bit sooner.

just to update. I'm not going to be there. Sorry to miss this, but I will be in a tent in Michigan.

should be a fun ride. I'll get with yous guys next time.

Larry,Could you let me know roughly how much the brunch costs?

Thanks.
I just called the Lodge. It's $15.95/person. Since it's all you can eat, don't eat the day before and you'll definitely get your money's worth.

Larry, can the reservation be moved by about an hour? Route that I got is about 2 - 2.5 hours long with a small break in between if needed. Very nice route from what I remember. If not maybe we should start a bit sooner.

Alex, I'm thinking that changing our reservation time or meeting times this late in the game is probably not a good idea. We have at least 16 guys that have made plans to go and if we change something now, it's likely to screw up some of those peoples' plans. Let try a more direct route to Starved Rock so we're there by 10, or a little after, and do some riding AFTER we eat.

I appreciate you planning a route, but I really think we need to stick to our posted meeting times since we're only a few days away as not to mess up people who have planned their time.

According to Starved Rock's website, Route 71 into the park is still closed. They suggest coming in on 178. Having learned last year to trust signs that say, "Road Closed" I just wanted to add that bit of lately acquired wisdom.

Jon

OK. As of right now, it looks like:

1. RiderCoach Lar
  2. wheatonFJR
  3. Murph
  4. griff
  5. evilmedic13
  6. airboss
  7. Brooklyn
  8. Jon
  9. cougar8000
  10. TriggerT
  11. Turvy
  12. Fudge
  13. usedtobeharley
  14. 07 FJR Huston

I just adjusted our reservation to 17 people. That gives us room for some last minute people. So if you haven't committed yet, it's definitely not too late.

Once again, we have meeting points at:

1. 6:30 AM Schaumburg. In the parking lot of the Streets of Woodfield shopping mall. It is directly west of 53 and just north of Higgins rd. Meeting place by Starbucks. Be there no later than 6:30 . That is when that group will leave to meet me and group two at the school in Lemont.
  2. 7:30 AM Lemont. In the parking lot of Old Quarry Middle School. It's one block east of I-355 at the 127th Street exit. Be there no later than 7:30. That is when that group will leave to meet up with group three at the McDonalds, just west of I-55 at the Route 6 exit.
  3. 10:00 AM Starved Rock Lodge. We have a 10:30 reservation for brunch. I'm guessing airboss and possibly others will just meet us there. Whenever we finish, I'm up for more riding. Maybe up to Dixon, then up Route 2 to Rockford. But we can plan that during or after brunch, depending on when peoples' schedules.

Looking forward to seeing everyone on Sunday. PM me for my cell number if you don't have it.

Last edited by a moderator:
According to Starved Rock's website, Route 71 into the park is still closed. They suggest coming in on 178. Having learned last year to trust signs that say, "Road Closed" I just wanted to add that bit of lately acquired wisdom.
Jon

FROM POST #24...

I also asked about construction. If we stay on rte 6 to rte 178, then head south, as soon as we cross the river, there will be an entrance to the park on the left.
;)

Sorry for the late notice, I’ll toss my name in for the ride and breakfast if it’s still open or at least the ride, I’ll meet up in Schaumburg.

B

Jon

FROM POST #24...

I also asked about construction. If we stay on rte 6 to rte 178, then head south, as soon as we cross the river, there will be an entrance to the park on the left.
;)
Jon, and I know I'm taking a chance here, but see if you can find Dee Bennett Road, it's runs on the north side of the river, tru Buffalo State Park from Ottawa to the 178 bridge south of Utica.

(edit) S&T Has it marked as N 27th Road, take Route 6 tru Ottawa to Boyce Memorial Drive on the west side of town, South on Boyce to Ottawa Ave. Turn West on Ottawa Ave. turns into Dee Bennett road aka N. 27th road.

Last edited by a moderator: