Clearwater Krista Install

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Moved the Kristas over to my '15. Installation was pretty much the same as on the '07, with a couple of changes. First, on the '15, Yamaha moved the regulator/rectifier so it's now under the panel behind the storage compartment, limiting switch mounting options there. Instead I mounted them on the left side of the vertical dash panel. I cut small notches in the edges of the panel and inserted grommets to rout the wires to the lights. Much cleaner than on the '07.

DSCN0689_zpsuayultpl.jpg

Each switch has a disconnect behind the panel so I can remove the dash panel when needed. I was quite proud of the install, everything looked quite clean when I got it put back together.

HOWEVER...

DSCN0692_zpscw5qkryz.jpg

Yes, the compartment lid hits the on/off switch when opened. DOH!

A little twisting of the lid will resolve the problem, but if you choose this route, double-check your clearances...

DSCN0693_zpsbs2xgkm5.jpg

And before anyone asks, the velcro on the dash is where my garage door opener mounts. I removed it to eliminate some clutter in the photos.

Ran across these instructions for installing Erica lights on a 15ES and having trouble matching up the colors of the the wires for high beam and low beam. Do they match the colors in the Gen 2 pics? or should I be looking at something else?

If someone could point me some pics that would be great.

Don't have a service manual yet for the Gen 3 to look at.

Brian

Last edited by a moderator:
That did it thanks. I was looking at the wrong block.

Last edited by a moderator: