• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Clearwater Lights Glenda / Krista Group Buy

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think I need the brackets - but - do you have a pic of them?

I am revamping my lighting as my current setup burns too much juice and the combo "just aint gettin' it". I have already received two of the brightest LED lights that Alex sells on his website but am interested in the Krista's as well.

Kristas sell in pairs, yes? Would they sell just one? My thinking is to remove one of the "Shanghai Express" HID's that I got on the RJ group deal and replace it with a Krista.
You are welcome to inquire about the sale of a single HID unit or prices without the brackets, but the control relays and wiring are all based on two lamps, and can be interconnected with Glendas, so you're giving up some key features. The "system" with brackets, lights, controllers and dimmer are what set this light apart, and downgrading it in the manner you suggest is really defeating its purpose and usefulness. The group buy discounts will not apply to the purchase of components, and you will need to contact Clearwater if you want individual pricing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the HID lights. These make them disappear.

Must have Glendas

JamiePittsburgh476Kristacrop2.jpg
Yes...disappear at that distance. I'd like to see a photo taken at a greater distance and at an angle more akin to the lights focus, i.e., straight ahead @ 500+ feet.

Er...not to be a naysayer, but lumens x distance might make a difference.

That being said, they've got to be a great improvement over the typical automobile driving light available at O'Reillys-NAPA-AutoZone, etc., and one would think their ability to "fill-in" the roadway and shoulder along with the adjustability of intensity would be a huge plus.

You are welcome to inquire about the sale of a single HID unit or prices without the brackets, but the control relays and wiring are all based on two lamps, and can be interconnected with Glendas, so you're giving up some key features. The "system" with brackets, lights, controllers and dimmer are what set this light apart, and downgrading it in the manner you suggest is really defeating its purpose and usefulness. The group buy discounts will not apply to the purchase of components, and you will need to contact Clearwater if you want individual pricing.
Contact Krista I have; awaiting answer; nothing is "off the table" so, well, it's all a maybe, altho using my already installed brackets vs those offered here should make no difference in performance that I can tell.

Thanks for putting this together!

Yes...disappear at that distance. I'd like to see a photo taken at a greater distance and at an angle more akin to the lights focus, i.e., straight ahead @ 500+ feet.

That being said, they've got to be a great improvement over the typical automobile driving light available at O'Reillys-NAPA-AutoZone, etc., and one would think their ability to "fill-in" the roadway and shoulder along with the adjustability of intensity would be a huge plus.
Mike, for you I'll do one better. Let's ride. I won't argue that the HID based projectors you have will reach down the road farther, but I would argue the light spread is more useful on the Kristas, Not to mention the dimmable and instant on capability. Only one way to really tell, and that would be to go have some fun some evening, maybe out in the Delta.

Mike, for you I'll do one better. Let's ride. I won't argue that the HID based projectors you have will reach down the road farther, but I would argue the light spread is more useful on the Kristas, Not to mention the dimmable and instant on capability. Only one way to really tell, and that would be to go have some fun some evening, maybe out in the Delta.
I agree that they are probably better in 90% of the situations. As I said, they probably broadcast a wider beam and I mentioned adjustable intensity as a bonus.

One thing that nobody has mentioned is legality.......I'm guessing that in most jurisdictions the HID driving lights are illegal.

AND...one doesn't have to locate the igniter!

I have had several members contact me for the group buy that did not post. So I'll bump this in case anyone hasn't seen it.

I got to say... WOW! Four aux lights.

I actually like my Baja lights.They are bought and paid for. As for the light lighting up areas you want I have put the driving light on left side and the cornering light on the right side.

I have discovered that in doing some rewiring they actually draw less voltage than before. It could also be the rewiring of the volt meter as well.

If you don't have any form of aux lights now and you have been looking around for a set, concerned about the price of others out there as well high useage of volts.

These might be right up your alley! :D

PM sent with the code. Come to think of it, only registered members can read this anyway. The code is THD. Of all things like glenda and krista and the other products, the discount code is named after my T.H. Discount.

I had a question from a member and wanted to answer it in the thread rather than by PM:

Hey Tom,
Thinking I should probably be contacting Clearwater directly but . . . Was ready to grab a set of 1800s from Alex but like what I see with the Glendas better. Where my majority of riding happens I rarely have the need for, or can use, my hi-beams, hence the aux. lights will be mostly for being seen and would like to mount them on the forks. Dimming is also a factor. Still, it would be nice to have the additional lighting when needed though. With that in mind, can you tell me if the Glendas include the ability to be dimmed & full-power with hi-beams as I understand the Kristas to be? If so, does it include controls/switch for mounting? And lastly, the brackets mentioned, good for down on the forks or do I have to come up with something else?

Again, don't mean to make you out to be the company rep. or anything but would appreciate any thoughts. If it sounds like this is a fit for me, will probably give them a call tomorrow.

Thanks much,
The Glenda lights come complete with mounting hardware, relay control board and dimmer. The Glendas can be operated in the same way as the Krista above, and can be later expanded to include Kristas using the same control. You have the option to install Glendas so that the lights are operated dim and go to full-bright with the flash-to-pass (high beam) feature, and/or the horn.

clearwatercrop.jpg

From studying the online manual for the Glendas, the mounting bracket included is for installation down by the front fender.

I'm ready to buy a set of Glendas, but cannot find where to put in the group buy code anytime before checkout. Has anyone ordered online?

I'm ready to buy a set of Glendas, but cannot find where to put in the group buy code anytime before checkout. Has anyone ordered online?
If it makes you feel any better I couldn't either. A message came up telling me I'd be able to put the code in later but by then I would have had to have authorised PayPal to pay the non-discounted amount so I ordered by 'phone instead.

Kevin

That does make me feel better. There's nothing like having farkle-fever at 8am on a Saturday and feeling dumb because I can't find where to put the discount code in!