• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Clearwater Lights Glenda / Krista Group Buy

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm almost ready to pop on this GB but have some questions ya'll might be able to help with? KrZy8 is running Solteks, under the mirror, so that location is occupied. Can the bigger light (Krista?) be mounted elsewhere, lower?

Thanks for putting this together Tom. Used the forum discount code to order the Glenda and also purchased a Clearwater Voltage Sentry after reading the review on webBikeWorld.com.

Send your orders to this email, or call Lorett and you will be given the group buy offer. I don't think the discount code works with a direct buy off the website:

Lorett Kinnicutt

The Clearwater Company

916-852-7029

2546 Mercantile Drive, Ste. B

Rancho Cordova, CA 95742

[email protected]

www.clearwaterlights.com

Code THD

We are at 8-sets by my last report, so the additional discount will be kicking in at 10 sets. Let's get it on for the last two weeks. GB ends 9/30/11.

Carver, you should just call Glenn. He owned an FJR and knows the options pretty well, even if he did turn to the BMW dark-side. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm almost ready to pop on this GB but have some questions ya'll might be able to help with? KrZy8 is running Solteks, under the mirror, so that location is occupied. Can the bigger light (Krista?) be mounted elsewhere, lower?
Mount the Solteks on a set of Alex's brackets, so the heavier of the two lights is putting less stress on the mirror mount. Then use one of the brackets that comes with the Krista's to mount the Clearwater light outboard on the mirror mount. I am not 100% sure this will work, but it is an idea I have toyed around with if I ever decide to change my current light set up.

Mount the Solteks on a set of Alex's brackets, so the heavier of the two lights is putting less stress on the mirror mount. Then use one of the brackets that comes with the Krista's to mount the Clearwater light outboard on the mirror mount. I am not 100% sure this will work, but it is an idea I have toyed around with if I ever decide to change my current light set up.

I was thinking you should just use the Clearwater mounting brackets for both your Solteks AND the Kristas, above and below, like Trigger did with his two sets of Kristas.

DSC_0015.jpg

The Krista brackets are stainless steel, and are thicker gauge than any other bracket I've seen (and that includes Alex's brackets, Top Gun, and Garauld's). They'll definitely support the weight of two lights. And don't forget they are INCLUDED in this group buy! Sell whatever brackets you're using now on the forum, Don. Somebody will snap them up for their Hellas or whatever they use.

BAD IDEA. The Clearwater brackets will put way too much stress on the mirror mounts if you mount BOTH the Solteks and the Krista's on them. Even the two sets of Krista's I have are probably pushing it, and I have given a good amount of thought to how I could reconfigure my set up. Maybe I am being paranoid, but the idea of breaking the frame where the mirror mounts tie in scares me.

OK, idea withdrawn. The brackets can support the weight, even the cumbrous weight of the Solteks (about 3# vs. 1# for the Kristas) but I wasn't thinking about the strength of the frame. Note to Carver: fuggitaboutit.
dunno.gif

Another thought I had was to use Alex's brackets in conjunction with another vendors, who's name I can't mention here, but you get the idea. That vendor seems to have taken another vendor who I REFUSE to mention by name, and copied his style bracket. (Confused enough yet?) This would allow for the Solteks to be mounted high and inside, and the clearwaters to be mounted low and inside. Just another thought.

Yeah, reinforcing the tabs might be on the list of things to do this winter. It is just a royal PITA to deal with.

Hey Tom, I'm gonna run with the Glendas. Can you send me the offer code? Thanks, Sam.
Sam, just call or email and use code THD.

Since this forum is only visible to registered members, we haven't made a big secret of the code. Enjoy the lights. I'm putting in an order to add Glenda to the Krista I already have....enjoy.

clearwatercrop-2.jpg