Concours14 bagless

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bramfrank

BramFrank
Reaction score
I for one have been wondering just what the C14 will look like bagless, because the FJR looks great.

Every time someone has posted a comment on any of the boards I frequent I have asked for photos - finally someone has obliged. Unfortunately we only get to see it from the right - and that can makes it look funny. I suspect that the big drive shaft will make the left view as funky:

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks pretty good except for the muffler. The first mfg. to come up with a replacement for that thing will make a fortune! :eek:

I sat on a prototype at Daytona this weekend.

Without the bags on the bike, it looked pretty clean to me. The can, does look huge (reminds me of a BMW LT).

The seat on the prototype is narrower in the front which made it easier for me to touch the ground.

It felt about as light as my FJR.

The brake and clutch fluid resevoirs were white plastic. I would hope they make them metal before releasing the bike as it made that area look cheap.

I could not get any specs or price out of the Rep.

I just don't see enough there to make me run out and want one. I would like to ride one someday to see how it handles in some curves. The ground clearance looked good.

Not too shabby! Though the bazooka is obviously pretty gnarly, no question. The size is a consequence of a) having to push out the air volume of a 1400cc motor, and B) a big 'ol nasty catalytic converter resides within.

A brushed-satin Titainium Muzzy will fix things up there, no doubt...

Last edited by a moderator:
It does look better with the bags off. I assume the ugle ridges in the bags are there to stiffen them. That makes me wonder if they are a single layer and therefore fairly light weight.

I never thought about the cat being inside the muffler. That is actually a very good idea for people who are inclined to remove the cat to save weight.

I sat on a prototype at Daytona this weekend.
It felt about as light as my FJR.
The one thing that I was waiting to hear (besides the actual weight and performance figures) was how the bike feels. If it feels as heavy as the FJR then I suppose it's probably center of gravity isn't any lower than the FJR's and they missed a good opportunity to come up with something significant in terms of everyday useability. Oh well.

Looks like a Beamer.

Might can't (legally) replace the can - includes a cat converter.

Looks pretty good. Based on early experiences with the FJR, i could see all that painted surface (on the side of the bike) being abraided by riding pants/stiches/etc.

I'm not sure if this has been considered yet, but to me it looks as though taller riders might find that fairing design getting in the way of their knees?

I'm not sure if this has been considered yet, but to me it looks as though taller riders might find that fairing design getting in the way of their knees?
Not something you have to worry about midget boy!

:p :p :p :p :p
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I was going to say that, but I figured some smart ass would follow up. Guess I was right. :fuck: :D

I was going to say that, but I figured some smart ass would follow up. Guess I was right. :fuck: :D
Mama always told me, "Don't be a dumbass!!!".

So, instead I became..................................

Mama always told me, "Don't be a dumbass!!!".

So, instead I became..................................
Rather be around a smart ass than a dumb ass. No wonder Skooter has more friends than me :lol:

As far as the GTR (or C) 14 goes, I think it looks like a shark in a sea of dolphins, big pipe and all! But that's just me, as I'm a self declared denizen of the deep! :assassin:

'05 FJR 1300a (26,600+ miles)

'94 zg 1000 Concours (65,000+ miles) when I sold it for half the price I bought it for to buy my FJR.

epilog = I just hope my FJR has value like that when I sell it at 60,000+ miles in 2009.

I think the bike is UGLY without the sidecases. Eeeewwwwww! The ST1300 looks better sans panniers than this thing.

:stunned: :bleh: :crazy: :stirringthepotsmilie:

Define ugly for me.... ;)
ug‧ly  /ˈʌgli/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[uhg-lee] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation

–adjective, -li‧er, -li‧est. 1. very unattractive or unpleasant to look at; offensive to the sense of beauty; displeasing in appearance.

2. disagreeable; unpleasant; objectionable: ugly tricks; ugly discords.

3. morally revolting: ugly crime.

4. threatening trouble or danger: ugly symptoms.

5. mean; hostile; quarrelsome: an ugly mood; an ugly frame of mind.

6. (esp. of natural phenomena) unpleasant or dangerous: ugly weather; an ugly sea.

7. New Kawisaki Connie

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Origin: 1200–50; ME ugly, uglike < ON uggligr fearful, dreadful, equiv. to ugg® fear + -ligr -ly]