Custom MAP from a DynoJet certified mechanic.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A question and a comment:
What does the PCIII with Wally's smoothness map do for MPG? And does it make a difference if you're at altitude (6,000') or at sea level? We spend the winters at 6000' and summers at sea level. Thanks.

Also I test rode an AE at Skagit Powersports last month and the owner, Bill, told me that if I bought a Power Commander from them they would set the FJR up on a dyno with a new software program that automatically did all the tweaks to calibrate the PC. I wasn't paying that much attention at the time to all the specifics though. Anybody else heard of something like this? I could call Bill for more details if anyone's interested.
Excerpt from Wally's write-up at https://www.fjrtech.com/getdbitem.cfm?item=39

"I'm also wild about decent mileage and this map should provide that, or it should be no worse than what you have, BUT, all bikes are different. It could make your mileage worse or provide the incentive to use the throttle more and make your mileage worse."

That's it! That's my problem! I have too much incentive to use the throttle. My mileage sucks (not really, but compared to some reports on here, it sucks). But I don't care! There, I've said it. I don't care. I get 35 to 38 MPG, with an occasional tankful yielding 40 to 42. Must have been stuck in traffic.

I run the Wally map, and am very satisfied with it. I like the improved driveablity of the PCIIIusb. Great mod.

I ave been running Wally's map for a couple months. Mid 40's consistently, with heavy throttle application where applicable :p