Day Ride Southern New England

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

S76

Reaction score
CT. MA. RI. Southern NH/VT

Anyone up for a day ride Saturday? I have got to get out an put on some miles before I go bonkers from work and all.

Meet for breakfast, ride till super and head home. I don't care where as long as the wheels are turning.

I'm in NE CT but willing to meet most anywhere in Southern NE.

Forecast is 60's, partly cloudy, 20% chance rain.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bob, that would sound good but I have to be in CT with 4 wheels this Saturday and next Saturday. Keep me in mind though because I'm game just about anytime.

Bob, that would sound good but I have to be in CT with 4 wheels this Saturday and next Saturday. Keep me in mind though because I'm game just about anytime.
I sure will.

I've been straight out getting all the yard(s) done and gardens mulched, cars fixed etc. etc. I wanted all that done early so when the weather warms and the day comes to ride I can just go.

That day is tomorrow!

Will stay in touch.

If I have something to sit on I'm in. Just tell me where and when.

I'm waiting for Buster Brown* to show up with my seat. Supposed to be here either today or tomorrow.

* Trucker Talk for UPS :rolleyes:

I'm ramping up for my CC trip which begins next Wednesday morning. If your going to be heading over to RI area let me know, I'd be up for a trip down to Razee Motorcycle on Saturday morning. PM me if your interested.

If I have something to sit on I'm in. Just tell me where and when.I'm waiting for Buster Brown* to show up with my seat. Supposed to be here either today or tomorrow.

* Trucker Talk for UPS :rolleyes:
Great!

Maybe we can meet in Enfield for breakfast. Head up by Yankee Candle, work our way into western Mass, into NY and back down into CT, or sumpthing like that.

I'll go build a route.

Let me know if you get your seat.

PM Sent.

I'm in Pittsfield (Western MA), and would be interested in a rendevoux somewhere between Yankee Candle and Pitts. I'll keep an eye on this tonight to see, maybe we can figure something out.

I'm in Pittsfield (Western MA), and would be interested in a rendevoux somewhere between Yankee Candle and Pitts. I'll keep an eye on this tonight to see, maybe we can figure something out.
Hey jmarran,

Sending PM lets try to work something out.

This is awesome, we are up to 3 FJR riders. Therefore, we're now capable of taking on any Hell's Angles group we may encounter. :assassin:

:D

Bob

What time and where is the meeting place in the morning?

Would like to cross the sound and meet up for a skoot. But will need to plan a ferry ride or leave the Isle of Long early.

Tim

Would like to cross the sound and meet up for a skoot. But will need to plan a ferry ride or leave the Isle of Long early.

Tim
The plan is to meet up northeast of Hartford for breakfast at around 7:00. You'll have to leave pretty early to make it. Figure 1.5hrs. from Bridgeport.

Bill

Bob..let me know where to meet you in the morning.....I'm in :yahoo:

Ed.. :big_boss:

Bob..let me know where to meet you in the morning.....I'm in :yahoo:
Ed.. :big_boss:
Ok. Here is the deal.

I am meeting "Curious in CT" in Stafford for breakfast at 07:00. (I84 to exit 69, take a right and go 1/2(?) mile to Track Nine Diner on the right. It is 50 FT before the RR Tracks. Hence the name.

We then leave around 08:00 and go thru Stafford, Monson, Palmer, Amhearst College and end up at the big gas station (same side of the road, 1/4 mile south) by Yankee Candle by about 09:30. There we will meet "jmarran."

Then head west, 116 to 8A to RT 2 West thru North Adams and into NY. Take RT 22 south and back into CT on RT 44 with a side detour off of 22 thru a state park. (I think it is a state park, it's green on the map. Unless it is a pond, and at that point we may either turn around or put on our rain gear.) Then we come practically past your house on 4 etc. to Avon.

You know the route, you showed me.

So you can either meet us in Stafford for breakfast at 07:00, or meet us @ the gas station by Yankee Candle at 09:30.

So, whats your pleasure?

Tim
Wow Tim,

Would love to have you join us. You would have to be crossing the sound mighty early. Do you think you can do it? The loop planned is about 300 miles, Stafford to Stafford. Not counting your drive up and back.

edit; 85 miles, 1:34 minutes from Bridgeport to Stafford. Gotta be there by 07:00 if you wanna eat

or, you could go staight from Bridgeport to Yankee Candle in South Deerfield--2 hours, 110 miles, but you don't have to be there until 09:30

HEY, If you come that will make 5. We can stop at some biker bars and clean the places out. I have personally seen "vmaxed" take out 3 bikers at a time! Lawyers and accountants ain't all that tough, you know.

:D :D

edit again:

If you meet us at Yankee Candle, from there, the loop would be about 225 miles for you, and you will end up by Hartford, 40 miles north of Bridgeport That's not too bad. That would make it about 335 miles in CT not counting paddling across the water.

A caution to all.

State Police have been on the war path with radar this past week. I have been through 7 traps so far this week just going to work. Wife went through another one. Tonight. Local news papers said they were gonna do that.

State must be behind on the budget. :angry:

Awe Beautiful!

05:30, Saturday. 40 degrees. The suns not up yet but I can hear the birds chirping outside. They must be planning a ride (or a fly) also.

Meeting "Curios in CT" and "vmaxed" for breakfast at 07:00, then up to Mass to meet "jmarran" at 09:30 at Yankee Candle in Deerfield.

This is going to be a great day. First real ride of the season other than commuting to work. I'll get some pics so you can see who's who and post them up tonight.

There's no leaves on the trees yet so if any of us runs wide off a corner due to winter sand I should be able to get good pics of the crash site(s).

Don't go away, well, if you do, come on back.