Death Valley Dualsport or Street ride January 23-27

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My room is booked at the Atomic Inn for the 23rd - checkout on the 27th. I have a room with two double beds if anyone is still looking for a bed this late in the game. Half the room would be under $130.00 for the four nights.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Abercrombie FJR" data-cid="1412238" data-time="1548038858"><p>

My room is booked at the Atomic Inn for the 23rd - checkout on the 27th. I have a room with two double beds if anyone is still looking for a bed this late in the game. Half the room would be under $130.00 for the four nights.</p></blockquote>

Ill take you up on that offer Kevin! Bug told me the other day there would be a chance for a discount :)

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Abercrombie FJR" data-cid="1412238" data-time="1548038858"><p>My room is booked at the Atomic Inn for the 23rd - checkout on the 27th. I have a room with two double beds if anyone is still looking for a bed this late in the game. Half the room would be under $130.00 for the four nights.</p></blockquote>

Ill take you up on that offer Kevin! Bug told me the other day there would be a chance for a discount
smile.png
All right, your in. See you Wednesday.

Abercrombie FJR just hit the rack after the last hour in a nasty blizzard.

Roads in Wyoming are not looking good for tomorrow,

Both I-25 and I-80 are generally closed from one end of the state top the other.

Kevin will try to head South on US-85 as far south as Cheyenne, then to Denver, across the mountains on I-70 which is still open.
Roads in Utah have been tough today but should be clear tomorrow.
Kevin is hoping to arrive in Beatty late Wednesday afternoon, weather permitting.

Kevin is on the road, Wyoming looking a little better but the plan when he left here was US85 to Cheyenne, I-25 to Denver, I-70 to Utah, I-15 to Vegas and then to Beatty.

Envious, Jealous, and awaiting Ride Reports!

Thanks for the update, I had a feeling he was in for some weather after what blew through here last week. At least it will be nice once he gets here.

I know you would be here if you could John but your home duties are much more important now. We will hoist a drink or three for our friends who couldn't make this trip as long as you reciprocate when you guys are in Alaska this summer :)

Abercrombie FJR just hit the rack after the last hour in a nasty blizzard.
Roads in Wyoming are not looking good for tomorrow,

Both I-25 and I-80 are generally closed from one end of the state top the other.

Kevin will try to head South on US-85 as far south as Cheyenne, then to Denver, across the mountains on I-70 which is still open.

Roads in Utah have been tough today but should be clear tomorrow.

Kevin is hoping to arrive in Beatty late Wednesday afternoon, weather permitting.
Kevin's definitely gonna get the award for "Toughest Commuter" for this gathering :)

Sitting in the motel in Fallon Nv. Lots of ice going to Lakeview Or. and it didn't get above freezing until I got south of Susanville. Sure glad the wing was on the trailer and not under my butt. Had a couple scary moments getting through Reno. To bad you shouldn't shoot stupid. See you all tomorrow.

Sitting in the motel in Fallon Nv. Lots of ice going to Lakeview Or. and it didn't get above freezing until I got south of Susanville. Sure glad the wing was on the trailer and not under my butt. Had a couple scary moments getting through Reno. To bad you shouldn't shoot stupid. See you all tomorrow.
Safe travels, Ray and crew!

I got a text from Abercrombie at 2200 last night. He was safely ensconced in Green River UT.

He had a fun drive from Spearfish to Cheyenne, not bad to Denver, more slop and slick over 70/Eisenhower pass almost to Grand Junction.

He got his beta looked at where he bought it North of Denver and had the oil changed in his Tundra.

All in all, he didn't do to bad all things considered.

Green River to Beatty is about 500 miles, he is still looking at a 1530 arrival.