Dec Ride

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine had 353 miles if you go through Atlanta, You are looking abo 1 1/2 hour N of Atlanta

Come one come all and we'll make this South EOM (I've got dibs on GA :D )

Beginning to sound like a local motel could be busy on Fri or Sat night if the original riders don’t mind some fellow feejer’s on the trail with em Sat. :D

Jeff,

roger on the mileage, just curious as to what the road going from Atlanta to Suches(400/19) is like (expressway = straight line, wfo or 2 lane twisties = limited passing, slower pace). I think I can make Atlanta is 4hrs, just not sure time wise for Atlanta to Suches (If that is where the rally point ends up being).

Thanks,

extrememarine

Can anyone tell me about how long/far it is to get from north side of Atlanta to Suches?
My program says 300 miles from Beaufort SC to Suches GA.

For everyone on this ride, I have to say this. Remember that it is still Bambi season. Try your best to avoid two lane backroads at night on the bike. Use a motel or a buddy's place if at all possible.

I'm going to have to trailer and use the cager to/from. Need chainsaw for some firewood and ain't no way to get there from here without serious night time in Bambi woods.

(I've got dibs on GA :D )
What the hell is "GA"? If that means "Grab-Ass", count me out. I had enough of that in prison.

Still gonna ride, but as a Consciencious Observer.

Last edited by a moderator:
I spoke with Willy today, and he is flying back home today. He will make the day for 1/2 of the trip.

Willy, when you get back in. post up a good local for a meet and greet.

QUOTE(FJRFencer @ Dec 4 2006, 09:44 PM)
(I've got dibs on GA )

What the hell is "GA"? If that means "Grab-Ass", count me out. I had enough of that in prison.

Still gonna ride, but as a Consciencious Observer
Ga as in GEE-oor-JIA, Its a play on the whole I've got Arkansas thang. well never mind :rolleyes:

And for your information, If I were to grab an ass, your'n sho would be FARRRR down the line :p

I'm going to have to trailer and use the cager to/from.
So... You're bringing the Harley? :lol:

hello folks,

i would love to join the ride, i live about 1.5 hrs south of the proposed ride area.

is there a definite plan yet, if so would somebody please post it.

i work graveyard shift, so if i take sat morn off, i will be fresh for the ride, but i need

to know the plan, as i would be going to work sat night, so might not make the whole

journey.

i know another fjr rider, right by me, so ill check him out, see if he can make it too.

peace

look forward to meeting you all

tony

You all are going to frost your nads off! Supposed to be down to 20 Saturday AM, highs @50.

There's an EconoLodge and a Holiday Inn Express in Dahlonega if you want to stay there.

Yeah, weatherman is steadily back-peddling on Sat’s high. Been dropped to 48* :cold: for our area now. Not good IMO.

It is supposed to be 18 when I leave my house Sat morn and prob in the 20s by the time I get back.

The wife said "there ain't no hotel in you future, I said you could go, but get your but back on Sat" We are having a child do a sleep-over (first time) and expect the mommy call at 1 a.m. or so.

Hey, I started a new thread for all those that are "in". But you guys are ignoring me!

I didn't think that all of you know me yet. So why are you already ignoring me???

Oh well...

I'm going to Extreme Outfitters tomorrow to buy something warm. My cheap winter ride gear just blew a crotch gasket this past weekend. Now leaks cold air and rain.

I'm in! Let's hear it. Where are we meeting???

OK Men!! (Not you punk asses that think it's going to be cold!)

Here's the game plan for Saturday.

Meeting Point: GA400 and Rt60 Near Dahlonega, GA. At that intersection there is a Waffle House, Gas Station and Home Depot. Let's meet by the Waffle House.

Meeting Time: 10am EST

Waffle House Address: (For GPS'ers)

67 Long Branch Road

Dahlonega, GA. 30533

Please post up or PM me if you have any questions. If you have any ride suggestions please shoot me a PM and I will print maps for everyone.

Thanks and I look forward to seeing everyone on Saturday!

-jwilly

jwilly,

Uh Oh. Sounds like a challenge. And you’re pointing too. Never let it be said that I won’t ride in the extreme temps of low 60’s to mid 70’s even when there are a “few” light feathery clouds high in the sky. :D

Hey dcarver,

Does that make me a member of the ….hmmm now what was the name of that group of riders? Was it bulebird...no, no that’s not it. Ah, fair-weather…no, no that’s not it either. Oh well never mind. :bike:

Homey don't do cold. But I think I have enough clothing for the daytime riding. So...

Thinking of getting a room in Dahlonega GA for Fri night. That way I can make the long haul (530 miles) all the way in the cager to GA on Friday. Ride with all you wonderful people on Sat. Then make the trip back as far as my brother's house (200 miles) on Sat. night.

That would keep me off the bike at night. Just don't think I have any gear to survive 20s at night on the bike. Not to mention Bambi.

Anybody interested in splitting room expense for Fri. night?

Okay, looks like taking the cager on the superslabs will save me some mileage. Reduced the distance to 468 miles. PM me if you are interested in sharing a room Fri night. I'll be leaving GA by 17:00 on Sat.

jwilly,
Uh Oh. Sounds like a challenge. And you’re pointing too. Never let it be said that I won’t ride in the extreme temps of low 60’s to mid 70’s even when there are a “few” light feathery clouds high in the sky. :D
Just giving ya a hard time man!! Your probably the only sane one in the group. :)

Most weather sites are saying a high of 55 for Saturday. Not to bad for this time of the year.

-jwilly

Let's do this thing. I ain't skeer'd of no stinking cold. If it gets too cold, we'll set fencer's feej on fire and sit in a circle around it and sing kumbya (however the hell you spell it). We've got a bunch of new folks to meet!