Dyno run on 107,000 mile 07 FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really though --- Dyno numbers are only relative to that particular dyno.Take it across town to another dyno and get another number.

They are useful for A/F ratio readings but for ultimate HP - torque numbers it means little.
Agreed, bike was there for a smoothness mapping. Went thru a couple of tanks today and it does feel smooth and strong.

I can't see the dyno chart, thanks to the firewall here at work, but sounds like you're seeing 125 hp? That's impressive for those kind of miles!

My 07 with 133,000 miles feels like it's down on power a little. I did note on my last valve check (and also first adjustment) that the timing is a little retarded (probably due to cam chain wear) and this would explain the lower power. It would be interesting to see what my scoot dynos at, but I don't have the time or inclination to spend the money for a purely academic exercise.

Maybe. But there is also a tendencies for us to become jaded by the acceleration after a while. All I have to do to get recalibrated is to ride my ‘04 Vstrom around for a few weeks, then jump back on the Feejer in Sport mode... wheeee!