Electric scoot

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samamoto

Reaction score
As much as I laughed and made bad jokes (in fact I still do) about the obligation to leave your balls in the dealership upon the pickup of the Prius or Leaf type of inventions I have to admit I'm more and more intrigued by those...

I drove friends volt once and was surprised by how reasonable it felt. Recently I had for 2 days my friends Chevy Bolt - even being one of the ugliest things I ever drove I have to admit that it had surprisingly big amount of "umpf" to it and with 250 miles range that thing was really nice to drive.

Now I read today about Harley going sparky (click) and I must admit I start to be envy to try an electric driven bike. Sure, I won't be able to make an Alaska run on it yet or even a good 400-500 mile day but for stuff like my commute 200 miles would cover my whole week... I'm curious when will we actually get a choice to pick up an ergonomically similar to FJR or adventure bike electric scoot with 200+ miles of range and decent fairing for less than half of the mortgage. I'd surely be interested in giving one a try.

Last edited by a moderator:
45KW, 120-ish miles range for $16500? Yep, still long way ahead
rolleyes.gif

220-mile range, eh? Next thing you know, the IBA will have an electric equivalent to the Saddlesore 1,000:

The Zapper Ride

Ride your electric motorcycle 300 miles in 24 hours, provide documentation, get the certificate!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, it occurred to me that electric bikes have a big advantage with millennials:

THERE'S NO CLUTCH AND NO NEED TO SHIFT GEARS.

Many of these electric bikes are $19,000. Buy a comparable $7000 gasoline fueled bike and have $12,000 left for fuel and maintenance.