Engine light on for a second, now engine at times bucks

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seventyss

Reaction score
It feels like the bike is running out of gas. Checked for diagnostic codes and found fault code 14, which is "intake air pressure sensor: hose system malfunction (clogged or detached hose). I have a grounding harness kit on the way for the spider issue.

I tried to clear the history but cycling the motor start/stop switch didn't do anything. What is the correct procedure to clear fault codes?

While your checking everything else make sure your battery terminals are tight and grounded good. I had a loose ground and it felt like it was running out of gas, very jerky

While your checking everything else make sure your battery terminals are tight and grounded good. I had a loose ground and it felt like it was running out of gas, very jerky
Gunny. My Gen1 did this, loose positive terminal. DOH!
Ground spider?

Check ionbeams link too.

Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
I checked the connections at the battery and they were tight. I haven't been able to locate where the negative cable is bolted to the engine. My SM shows it being attached with bolt #8 on the right lower part of the motor, I can't see it, maybe I need to remove more plastic.

Latest posts