EOM 2012 Home Safe

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Made it home safe and sound.

675 miles on Thursday

385 miles on Friday

288 miles on Saturday

568 miles home on Sunday.

1916 miles of fun... (okay, the slab parts weren't THAT much fun... but the rest of it was GREAT!!)
My Question...

Did anyone make the mistake trying to follow you?

Tell me the streak was broken this year.
Well... I didn't lead this year so I'm not sure if the streak is actually broken... BUT our group had no major incidents at all! Not even a performance award!

Bopped on the highway for the grueling 1 1/2 hr drive home to Lenoir after the banquet. Good thing - woke up Sunday sicker'n a dog. Musta been the chicken. Compared to Wayne the Energizer Bunny is a slacker - amazing job putting on the EOM this year. Thanks, thanks, thanks!

Rolled into the homestead yesterday right after 6. I'm sure that Jay made it home safely, also. Yay! Home b4 dark was a good thing. Thanks to all involved in putting this together... had a friggin blast! Sad it's over, though. Leaf peeping trip is up to bat, though!

We have just completed Stage 2 of three stages on our trip home. The bikes are currently parked in Brookville, PA.

John D and I just arrived home about an hour ago. We left Marietta this morning in the fog and ran some fun roads until I had to drag him out to the interstate for a few hours to make up some time. Total trip for me was 4000km(2500mi) almost all of it was twisty.

Thanks to Wayne and all his helpers for an absolutely awesome event! Some of the best riding I have experienced. I will definitely be back to that area again.

Great to see old friends and meet new ones.

You know you had fun when your right wrist is still sore.

Mike

I got home just before dark this evening. I had a great time and thanks to Wayne for putting another great rally together.

Last edited by a moderator:
We got home this evening about 6:00. Five killer days of riding with not one drop of rain!

Thanks again Wayne for all your hard work. :clapping:

Time to PASS OUT!!!

Got home safe n sound sun at 5;30. Thanks to all who helped put this event together,I really enjoyed meeting new friends and old ones. The riding was just awesome :yahoo: Looking forward to doing it again next year.

Brenda and I made it in about 3 this afternoon....too bad we couldn't stay longer. We had a great time and look forward to next year!

The northernmost contingent is home safe after a near Saddlesore (900 miles) yesterday. Cut out of the hotel around 7:30am and 6 states and 1 province later landed on Mooseheads couch around 11pm. The ride home from there felt like a coffee ride :D

Grand total mileage was 4887km (3036 miles)

Huge thanks to Mike and Dar for putting me up for 2 nights and eating all their Cheerios. Wayne, Lee and Jeff, as well as everybody who contributed to pulling off yet another incredible EOM. Oh! Lets not forget Continental for the tire deal (300 miles of backroads from Ohio to Hendersonville toasted my PR3) and Harpers for the screaming deal on the Conti Attack 2 GT's. I like them a LOT, they looked like they faired the ride home pretty well. I'll be sure to do a follow up on mileage.

Ugh. You mean I have to go to work tomorrow. HAHAHAH!

Where's my bed...

I'm home safe at 5pm today. My buddy Dan still has an hour yet to get back to his home to the east.

Thank you Wayne, Excellent job!!! Great experience for my first Eom. Had a great time

Glad to finally meet more of my FJR brothers and sisters.

Total miles logged since we left Sat the 15th 2675!! :D only about 200miles of straight slab.

Will post a link to our 10 day adventure when Dan(the narrator) gets it together.

Thank you all. and now back to my regularly scheduled work schedule. Blah! :angry2:

Other than Tom who is having a Bungie Attack and can't find his way back I may be the last one home. We crossed the border at Buffalo and Mike mentioned that there are no twisties in the Niagara Peninsula. Really, I say. Follow me, I say. We then did a little sampling of the roads between Fonthill and St John's plus I got payback on Ray for the goat path Ray took us down on the way down to EOM. FredW would have loved it. You can dual-sport a FJR. It is still an open question however if you should dual-sport a FJR. It was too late to get in front of the Toronto Rush Hour Traffic so we split up at Henry's of Pelham Winery at the bottom of Effingham Road and I returned to Fonthill to visit with my sister. She then fed me some barbecued pork chops & potatoes for dinner and after a short visit I headed for home and made it through Toronto relatively unscathed.

The FJR was parked in the barn at 20:00 and I'm heading for bed soon.

Thus ends the EOM saga...when the Canadians are all safely tucked in bed.

"Good Night Moon..."
That is Too Funny Wheaton! Gotta Love it. I had that Beer waiting for you, I Swear!! But, you had the Good Stuff in Your hand. I'm thinking I'm drinking the Wrong Beer. :lol:

Other than Tom who is having a Bungie Attack and can't find his way back I may be the last one home. We crossed the border at Buffalo and Mike mentioned that there are no twisties in the Niagara Peninsula. Really, I say. Follow me, I say. We then did a little sampling of the roads between Fonthill and St John's plus I got payback on Ray for the goat path Ray took us down on the way down to EOM. FredW would have loved it. You can dual-sport a FJR. It is still an open question however if you should dual-sport a FJR. It was too late to get in front of the Toronto Rush Hour Traffic so we split up at Henry's of Pelham Winery at the bottom of Effingham Road and I returned to Fonthill to visit with my sister. She then fed me some barbecued pork chops & potatoes for dinner and after a short visit I headed for home and made it through Toronto relatively unscathed.

The FJR was parked in the barn at 20:00 and I'm heading for bed soon.
I pulled into home at 5 pm last night after the afternoon of dual sporting. Maybe have to look for a deal on a Super Tenere........... Thanks to Bill and Mike for being great riding partners, we'll have to do a repeat one day!!

Many thanks to Wayne for pulling together this event and keeping us all well informed throughout it all. The supporting cast did an awesome job of the routes, getting us all signed in, etc. Kudos to you. It was great to see some old friends at EOM and meet some new ones. The Ohlins folks were great, the folks at Harper, and the Continental guy had a great deal going..... he did go around making notes of what everybody was running.... his list included a couple of us with car tars.....

This was my first venture down into the Blue Ridge area by bike, and I must say I think it's the best area overall I've ridden in. I'll be back soon.