EOM 2015 - Lewisburg, WV - 25-27 September 2015

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haven't packed a damn thing.Haven't loaded a damn thing, either.Bike needs gas.Got shit to take care of in town in the morning before we head out.Zumo us being a cantankerous piece of shit and won't load the routes.Fuck it. Fuck it all. Time for EOM.Prolly be there late afternoon-ish or so.
Geek! Get Sooze to do all that stuff. Now, That's a plan.... It's brilliant! :D

Haven't packed a damn thing.
Haven't loaded a damn thing, either.

Bike needs gas.

Got shit to take care of in town in the morning before we head out.

Zumo us being a cantankerous piece of shit and won't load the routes.

Fuck it. Fuck it all. Time for EOM.

Prolly be there late afternoon-ish or so.
That's why I like you Geek. That's how I roll.

Joe, what is your ETA for Rock Cave? I will be following 20 through there, not in a rush and if I meet you there, I could be part of a Tyler RR. I haven't done that in a few years.
Huh! I had to look up Rock Cave. WV20 looks like big fun. I can get a route worked out that includes that!

Heading out tomorrow between 8-9 Should be there somewhere between 4-6.
punk.gif
That's about when I'm shoving off too. Planning on a circuitous route. See you'nz around beer:30.

Gonna be a serious confluence of bikes. CAN'T WAIT!

Last edited by a moderator:
Many thanks to HotRodZilla for scoring discount rooms in Albuquerque coming and going to EOM for Miss Donna and Papa Chuy, got Quality Lodgings at Discount Prices in New Mexico! JSNS, excellent ese!

Muchas Gracias AJ, we are in Johnson City TN tonight and will at EOM tomorrow! When I see Intech, mi Amigo I will tell him FUCK YOU BOB for you!

-----Original Message-----
To: Don Stanley <[email protected]>
Sent: Wed, Sep 23, 2015 4:14 pm
Subject: Fwd: Your reservation has been confirmed #182806.

Don,

The attachment is your reservation confirmation for the Best Western Rio Grande Inn. It's a nice hotel, right off of Old Town.

Let me know if you have any issues.

Later

AJ

The eagle has landed.... well, in Pittsburgh. Tomorrow, will pick up the rental car and drive to Sutton to pick up and pack up the rental then off to Lewisburg with El Toro Joe... Yee Hawwww!!
cool.png
Well If I'd have known you were arriving in PIT, I could have been a welcoming committee...well maybe not at 1:40 AM, but still.

Headed out tomorrow sans brother and other riding partner from RVA. Looking to test the waterproofness of my Aerostich Transit 2 suit. See ya there

Miss Donna and BeemerDonS are in Room 143, already seen dozens of the Goofy FJR Forum Crew and the Crazy Canuckistanis eh! JSNS, PARTY!

Made it to Florence SC for the night. 4 hours of riding in the rain, but our spirits are still high.

Should get to EOM tomorrow afternoon...with rain predicted all the way. Thanks Vic. :)

Just pulled in. Ride down was great except for my right side case bouncing off in Indiana. Had a nice lady tell me where it was. I had no idea exactly where it came off. Had to back track about 15 miles and cross over. It was almost exactly where she said. The bag is scratched up bad, but still worked. The expansion joints were bone jarring on that part of the interstate. I had a couple of ROC straps and it took me quite a while to get it secure enough to get out of the median. Got to a rest stop and then another 30 min to really get it secure enough for the rest of the trip. Totally disappointed that the party was over before I got here. The western contingent already turned in for the night. Weak!!! It was only 11 Western time. See u hosers in the morning!!

Thank God we had a Goofy Canadian to keep us Gringos straightened out, Billy Fitz: Large and in Charge, eh! JSNS, King of the Hosers!

P1010138.jpg

"Damnit KJ, I told you I wanted the black shirt not the blue wicking"! "My Bad Debbie, I'll get you a Mercedes Benz SL; OK." JSNS

P1010142.jpg

Rayzerman: "What are you looking at, ya Zonie Gringo?" Grumpy Canucks! At least the German Guy was very nice, our Herr Petey!

P1010145.jpg

P1010143.jpg

extrememarine Wayne on the left doing EOM homework and Russ - rushes minding the store; always great to see Amigo rushes!

P1010141.jpg

P1010140.jpg

P1010139.jpg

P1010137.jpg

I got a call last night from work saying they need me to fly Sunday on a three day trip. Ok, I can still make Lewisburg Friday night, but I'll have to go home Saturday morning. I left Chattanooga this morning in the cold rain, resigned to take the highways to just get there. When I got to Knoxville, the allure of warmer/drier weather to the north, my own bed and the chance to spend one whole day with my family before I have to leave again (been gone since the 15th) was just too much to resist. I'm home. There's always next year.

Ride safe everybody.

Made it into Lewisburg just after 6pm.

About 15 miles from town on Hwy 60 they had the road closed because of a downed powerline. The poor girl standing the in rain tried to give us the 'simple' directions.

"Go back to Rainelle, and turn left at the CVS follow that for about 4 miles until you see the brown spotted cow. Not the solid brown one...."

Good thing everybody in front of us lived in the area and we just followed them down a single lane mountain road with oncoming traffic being detoured from the other direction, at night, in the rain, towing a trailer. What fun!

Got some food in me, and a quick shower, I'll unload the bike tomorrow.

The Most Beautiful Motorcycle at EOM 2015: Herr Petey's gorgeous BMW R1200RS, ein schones Deutsche Motorraden bitte! Es geht mir gut, arbeiten macht frei! JSNS, Jawohl Arnie!

P1010153.jpg