EOM 2018 - Maggie Valley, NC - September 20-23, 2018

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just registered and booked the hotel. So I guess I am in..... :)
Make sure you bring two phone chargers!
rolleyes.gif
JSNS

Last edited by a moderator:
Quick update.

FYI - when you complete the registration and process payment via PayPal, the transaction will show up as being from "Attacktheroad.com" - that is the name of my website that I'm running the storefront on. The charge is not going to say you paid "EOM". If you have any questions about this, please PM or email me...

Wayne

I booked a room. Holding off registering for a bit as there are some things going on beyond my control at the moment. Anyway, I plan to be there unless stuff happens in the next few weeks.

Well.......talk about being a lurker on the board here........ I suspect that I'm guilty :) Last EOM attended was 2006 I think........or 05 ??

Now that I live in Tennessee (Knoxville area) it is easier to make the EOM so I'm in. Going to stay the night Friday / Saturday in order to ride, hang a bit and have a few beers without having to ride home...........you know.......be responsible and adult like. Not sure if I'll know anyone that's going to be there but gotta start somewhere
smile.png

Well.......talk about being a lurker on the board here........ I suspect that I'm guilty
smile.png
Last EOM attended was 2006 I think........or 05 ??
Now that I live in Tennessee (Knoxville area) it is easier to make the EOM so I'm in. Going to stay the night Friday / Saturday in order to ride, hang a bit and have a few beers without having to ride home...........you know.......be responsible and adult like. Not sure if I'll know anyone that's going to be there but gotta start somewhere
smile.png
You may not know them when you get there but I'll bet you'll know them before you leave... ;)

Updated Registration list. Many of the usual suspects, and many new faces too - headcount is sitting at 60 right now.

0face Allen_C BigJohnSD BikerGeek Bill Lumberg BkerChuck BlacknWhite23 Blind Squirrel boofer Brandon's Wife Brodie bseelbach Bucwench (not on forums) Burnspot Chivvalry Clocklaw CraigRegs Crumpadump Cyklnut danh600 dcumpian Dianne Dyeman ElToroJoe Festar FJRfarrier FJRfarrier FJRMark FJRPittsburgh FJRPittsburgh FJRPittsburgh FjrVfr Gnirtsnod Griff Guest HaulinAshe Intech JWilly kridnkris LeeDavis LKLD luvtoride Madmudder mlazicki MrsClocklaw N/a pjrep4 Prestone RacinRay RaYzerman SoozeBG Spininprop SWP (JWilly's Better half) Tyler vabikebreaker vabren vthokies03 wellsj wheaton yamafitter

Well.......talk about being a lurker on the board here........ I suspect that I'm guilty
smile.png
smile.png
Well Boofer, since you're going... I guess I'm going!

Last EOM I've attended was... wait... uh... I've never been to one. It's been too long since April and it was freezing! (My last group thing)

I've had fun getting to know Petey's family this year, after the years of riding with him without stopping to meet them. Great people. Riding over there will have a bittersweet vibe that I'm really not sure about. I love that guy and miss him all the time.

Anyhoo, sorry to be a sap, but it'll good to see y'all and see you though the bottom of a few longnecks. Cheers!

smile.png
smile.png
Well Boofer, since you're going... I guess I'm going!

Last EOM I've attended was... wait... uh... I've never been to one.
Howdy Pilot !! So what was that FJR gathering in Boone (?) back in.......05 that we were at ???? Before EOM's maybe ??

dvsoxk.jpg

And....I have thought of Pete many times this year. He would very much approve of us riding to EOM.

Actually.....Pete would approve of us riding anywhere.......

If my seat is back from Russell I plan to come as well to my first FJR event! I called the Maggie Valley Inn today and they only have smoking rooms left so she recommended the Winngray Campground less than 3 miles away since I like to tent camp. It has sites right alongside the stream and she said it is very nice and is also very quiet. I am looking forward to meeting everyone!

So I was out goofing around last Thursday afternoon and my ride took me down 129. This sheriff car had been following me ever since I was on the Foothills Parkway where I admittedly was riding a little bit spirited (not hooligan like though). I think they were just giving a friendly reminder to the old geezer !! Normally I ignore all the automated photo sites that take your picture for profit on the dragon but this one was kind of funny :)

The patrols on 129 are VERY heavy this summer so y'all be careful if heading that way......they have good reason to patrol it these days.

https://i64.tinypic.com/2pz9mp3.jpg

smile.png
smile.png
'05 OR '06... Back in the day where you actually met everyone @ the meets. I probably know you. What's your real name? BTW... '05 was Townsend TN & '06 was Boone, NC. I was @ both of those.

Last edited by a moderator:
. I think they were just giving a friendly reminder to the old geezer !! Normally I ignore all the automated photo sites that take your picture for profit on the dragon but this one was kind of funny
smile.png

THAT is a great photo! Problem with a helmet is they can't see the gray hair (free pass) until you have been stopped.