FJR AE OWNERS

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
turbodave_98,
If it'll help, I've compiled the base information from the thread so far. You can play with it as you want. This is just to help out.

AE List (Link to unfancy Excel spreadsheet).
You are the man, was the format I was going to use. I was thinking of listing them by years 2006-2009 and lowest VIN first for each year. Thanks a million. I was looking at Outline format and estimated 120 AEs. your post is much more complete. I am not much of an Excel user but will try and play with it. Noticed friend Brodie has the highest mileage. Great work!!
If you need I can play with it a little more tonight and have it sorted that way...by year and then by VIN (lowest first). Should take me a minute or two to figure it out. I can just modify the file where I'm hosting it and then you'll just have to pull it down again. No biggy.
10-4, Press On!! thanks

turbodave_98,
If it'll help, I've compiled the base information from the thread so far. You can play with it as you want. This is just to help out.

You are the man, was the format I was going to use. I was thinking of listing them by years 2006-2009 and lowest VIN first for each year. Thanks a million. I was looking at Outline format and estimated 120 AEs. your post is much more complete. I am not much of an Excel user but will try and play with it. Noticed friend Brodie has the highest mileage. Great work!!
If you need I can play with it a little more tonight and have it sorted that way...by year and then by VIN (lowest first). Should take me a minute or two to figure it out. I can just modify the file where I'm hosting it and then you'll just have to pull it down again. No biggy.
10-4, Press On!! thanks
Changes have been made. The file has been re-uploaded with the corrections. It is now sorted by Year (oldest to newest), and VIN # (lowest to highest/N/A). The original link goes directly to the new file.

Last edited by a moderator:
turbodave_98,

Job done due to your assistance. thanks. between you and I let's add to the list as other AE are posted. Noticed you had a 2009 WeeStrom. I have had a 2009 for over a year and really like it. Several folks here have the Wee.

10-4, Press On!! thanks
Changes have been made. The file has been re-uploaded with the corrections. It is now sorted by Year (oldest to newest), and VIN # (lowest to highest/N/A). The original link goes directly to the new file.

turbodave_98,

One problem with a list like this is as soon as the data is reported by the owners it is out of date mileage wise. In my case I posted last December with 75889 on the clock. I put a few more on the bike this year, unfortunately it became frozen on July 3 at 88744 when the pick up truck took me out. I don't foresee fixing the bike, so it becomes the high mileage mark to beat.

[SIZE=12pt]Come on people[/SIZE] :clapping: [SIZE=14pt]Saddle Up & Ride[/SIZE] :clapping:

[SIZE=12pt]Don't let 88744[/SIZE] stand past the summer!

:rolleyes:

Brodie

turbodave_98,

One problem with a list like this is as soon as the data is reported by the owners it is out of date mileage wise. In my case I posted last December with 75889 on the clock. I put a few more on the bike this year, unfortunately it became frozen on July 3 at 88744 when the pick up truck took me out. I don't foresee fixing the bike, so it becomes the high mileage mark to beat.

[SIZE=12pt]Come on people[/SIZE] :clapping: [SIZE=14pt]Saddle Up & Ride[/SIZE] :clapping:

[SIZE=12pt]Don't let 88744[/SIZE] stand past the summer!

:rolleyes:

Brodie
That's why I tried to include the post date, showing that the listed mileage was on a date in the past. I would hope people have ridden their bikes sense then. :ph34r:

Don't worry Brodie. You've got a good lead on me, but I'll try and get past it sooner or later.

...The file has been re-uploaded with the corrections...
For some reason you've got my mileage as "kilometers". FTR it's now at 23070 miles (4th September 2010).
Sorry. I thought the UK went by kilo's, so I put it in that (you didn't specify miles or kilos in your original post). You and Clarkson...both using "miles" when I expect you to say "kilometers". :rolleyes:

I've made the change and updated your miles. :ph34r:

For some reason you've got my mileage as "kilometers". FTR it's now at 23070 miles (4th September 2010).
Sorry. I thought the UK went by kilo's, so I put it in that (you didn't specify miles or kilos in your original post). You and Clarkson...both using "miles" when I expect you to say "kilometers". :rolleyes:

Them Brits are crazy. Measure distance in miles and gas (or petrol) in litres. They must be too close to France and they're slowly getting "infected". ;)

Them Brits are crazy. Measure distance in miles and gas (or petrol) in litres. They must be too close to France and they're slowly getting "infected". ;)
Clarkson - Not to be taken too seriously - has a refreshingly non-PC view on life but purports to hate motorcycles.

Kilos - not yet, but ...

Infected - It seems like it to many of us.

Crazy - see "Infected".

Hey guys...new guy here...I'll add mine to the list-

networkguy, 2009AE, original owner, VIN 1668, 55 miles :p

Purchased new 2008 AE in May of 2009. Great bike! Can't put on the miles I usually do due to my job.

12,500 Miles. Much more enjoyable that playing with a clutch. Eat your heart out Howie.... :)

Bought my used 2006 AE in 2019 with 38,000 miles on the clock. Now it has 77,000 miles. Been very reliable for the last 15,000 miles. Before that, ignition switch failure, spider bites ground failure, and clutch slave cylinder sticking and causing clutch to slip.

Like the idea of an "AE" group. Got mine about 7 years ago and was due to me having arthritis in my left hand so needed the automatic clutch. Had a Honda ST1300 but was getting more difficult to run long trips, found a low mileage AE and loved it since then. Added a round plastic piece on the down shift end (helps me not catching the horn button) other than that and the low speed turn arounds it's a perfect bike for me, love it! Have many long rides down through the eastern US mountains down along the Blue Ridge Trail, down to Tennessee area and over to Seattle and Vancouver. Never had any issues with the bike just the normal maintenance, oil / filter changes, tires, brake pads.
It seems most of the listings about the AE are old as I think they only had them in Canada in 2006 and 2007 but seems you still see some low mileage ones pop up from time to time. Hope I can find one in coming years as the miles rack up, also good to note is that the Canadian models have a different CPU and ignition key arrangement with a special "RED" key not to be used regularly as if lost it needs to be paired with a new CPU module and reprogrammed at a hide cost for just a key!

Latest posts