"FJR market is drying up"

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IndianaTom

Reaction score
Fred at Chicago cycle returned an Internet inquiry I sent asking about an 07 FJR. He left a message on my answering machine saying "We just sold our last blue FJR, we have an AE but won't be getting any 07As because the FJR market is drying up." :blink:

Is he kidding? I'm wet waiting for my FJR to come in.... That guy is WHACK!

https://www.chicagocycle.com/

home_banner4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea, I have mine secured locally, I noticed that dealer in a magazine or something, and visited their site to see what they had in stock just purely in curiosity, (wanted to see if they had 3 on the floor while my local little dealer was lower on the food chain and was waiting for their first one).

On their web page I filled out what I was interested in and 2 weeks later they got back to me, with the "a nice young couple is looking at it and are coming back in an hour with a decision, you need to hurry and buy it first" <_<

UUH, the old buy now or lose, sales tactic, when they try that one on me I remind them that the truck from the factory will unload another one just like it if I want one.

Visited two of the local motorcycle dealers over the weekend, and it is true the FJR market has dried up, matter of fact the whole motorcycle market has dried up. It always does around here in January and February.

Fred at Chicago cycle returned an Internet inquiry I sent asking about an 07 FJR. He left a message on my answering machine saying "We just sold our last blue FJR, we have an AE but won't be getting any 07As because the FJR market is drying up." :blink:
Is he kidding? I'm wet waiting for my FJR to come in.... That guy is WHACK!
I suspect 2 things.

1) He's basing his comments on the FJR as a whole based on the slow sales of the AE

2) He's bitter because he abused the PDP program, bought a bunch of As in fictitous names so he could have them on the floor and is now sitting on them because the majority of the FJR buyers went through the correct PDP process.

I was in there 3 days ago and they had 3 on the floor! Some of those guys are just morons. Went in there w/ the wife one day and this one sales doof keeps going on and on aboout how I should buy another bike and forget about the wedding blah blah blah. Damned near had to pull the wife to be off of him. Best part was she was working that night and nailed him w/ 3 tickets! He doesn't speak to us when we stop in to this day(thank god), I warned him not to piss her off!

Another asshole calls himself Hawk works there, tried telling me they don't deal on FJR's when I was looking. Bought it off my friend Stu for 1600 off sticker, he pitched a fit until Stu told him,"if you don't bullshit people into a sale you wouldn't be at the bottom". Stu quit needless to say, got sick of the assholes there. The only reason I still go there is one of my fireman's kids works there and I only buy stuff from him, good kid too.

Judging by the picture...Bling Bling and Quantity to fool you into the place which lacks Quality.

Do they wear these

ipp25_1.gif

and pretend they have a direct link to Japan and your conscience.

Best part was she was working that night and nailed him w/ 3 tickets! He doesn't speak to us when we stop in to this day(thank god), I warned him not to piss her off!
+1 to your wife, for putting the jerk in his place. The gift that keeps on giving, every time he pays his insurance. Had he been smarter, he would have been courting this feisty lady, and attempting to find the right bike for HER to buy.

Jill

When I was searching for my first bike I was at a Harley dealer and he said "You better get on the list and give me a deposit now or you may not get one" I said "If you dont have one when I have my checkbook out I will go to the dealer who does and I am sure they will take my check"

Asswipes!!

How about just telling the truth. I will buy from a guy tellin the truth and hope he made a FAIR profit and I got a FAIR deal. I am not looking for something for free but I def.. resent being treated as if I am stupid in a HUGE way!