FJR Trike

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The new owner of F Jr came to pick her up today and take her to her new home way down south. She's going to a good home with great people to care for her in the manner to which she has become accustomed.

Not going to easily forget that bike, Yamaha really hit it with the FJR1300, it sure was a treat owning one.

In summary, the 'emergency funds' are replenished, the Spyder is a hoot to drive and I will have the '85 XJ700X all ready to show at the 'Ricer' this summer. I'd like to improve the Spyder cornering so ordered an EVO sway bar, thinking on some ELKA shocks and there seems to be a lot of un-tapped horsepower in that motor....maybe go after a little bit of that too....you know, while it's on the lift! :yahoo:

All in all, life is good!

i went on a toy run a couple years back with the wife. she'd never seen a Spyder. they were demo-ing them at the end of the ride. she sat on one for 2 minutes, and has been hooked ever since. she wants one so bad she can taste it.

she can't really pilot a bike, cuz she's 5'1", and a buck 10. but she'd sell the kids for a Spyder.

oh, and the sales manager at the local multi dealer drives one. that should tell ya sompin.

P.

p.s. congratulations on your 'new' really sharp ride.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man, those kids are 'cuter 'n speckled pups'!! If Mom would sell them for a Spyder she must really love the Spyder! :lol:

Thanks! The sun just came out and it's s'posed to hit 50° today....gonna take that baby out and get it all muddy!! :yahoo:

Oh, yesterday, after F Jr left, I did a Spyder burnout the length of the garage in her honor....I could never do a FJR burnout cause I was skeered she'd fall over on me!! So now there's a big wide black strip down the middle ot the garage floor....I'll tell the wife the brakes locked up! :rolleyes: She knows the difference but will let it go! :unsure:

Sounds like this worked out great for you Dan! Hard to believe how much you've done since getting this in the Fall.

Man, those kids are 'cuter 'n speckled pups'!! If Mom would sell them for a Spyder she must really love the Spyder! :lol:
<------ grand kids. she's NEVER sell those. but she's really jonesing for the spyder.

Thanks! The sun just came out and it's s'posed to hit 50° today....gonna take that baby out and get it all muddy!! :yahoo:
<----- it's been sunny and in the 50s most of January...

P.

Sounds like this worked out great for you Dan! Hard to believe how much you've done since getting this in the Fall.
Yeah, things moved pretty quickly there for awhile Tom, but in the end it all came together nicely. Just got an email from the new owner of F Jr and they made it home safely so it's feathers all around!! :yahoo:

Put in around 75 miles on the Spyder today, the digital readout hung at 59,° I went up hills, down into valleys until finally....60°!! That completed my day and I went home and washed the mud 'n salt off her....I strongly suspect the readout is around 5°'s 'fast' but it was nice to see 60° even if it was a lie!! :D

Come on Paz get your wife that Spyder she wants so badly! :lol: Women seem to love the Spyder, it's the oddest thing! :blink:

I was just thinking about this thread and the Spyder the other day myself and even pulled up some videos to watch. And then you post a follow-up. It must be a sign that I need one :)

Good to hear it's worked out for you :thumbsupsmiley:

Jon...

I was just thinking about this thread and the Spyder the other day myself and even pulled up some videos to watch. And then you post a follow-up. It must be a sign that I need one :)

Jon...

Resistance is futile Jon!! :lol:

They're really a fun machine....pricey tho!! You can buy two nice used FJR's for the price of one nice used Spyder! :dribble:

Yeah I checked the price and WOW. One like I would want is more than the R1200RT I was looking at.

I'll bet they are fun but my wife would kill me since I have not even had the FJR for a year yet. But down the road, well, you never know ;)

Jon...

Come on Paz get your wife that Spyder she wants so badly! :lol: Women seem to love the Spyder, it's the oddest thing! :blink:
once we pay of the daughter's car, i just might. it will give me insentive to clean the garage... :blink:

I'm just glad your happy with the change. I think the Spiders are cool, and if I were physically forced off of 2the wheels, I'd absolutely go for one.

My wife wants one bad, so maybe one of these days...

Met an older gent, he was about 6 foot 5, skiinny as a rail, former cowboy / rodeo and his body was all broke up so he had traded his HD for Spyder. I'm on the FJR, let him go first thinking I'll pass him in the first corner. NOT! On that goat trail, with pot holes and sand, that old cowpoke was leaving 30 foot long darkies out of the corners, that CanAm engine at full song. It was freaking great to watch. So Yeah, I'd like to have one in the stable just because they are way freakin cool.

A friend of mine went from ST to Spyder. He likes it, but misses the ST a bit more I suspect. His major complaint was how much work was required to enjoy brisk paced twisties. He has the luxury of deep pockets so I suspect he will keep the Spyder and add another traditional 2 wheeler to the stable.

Just curious about your comparision (assume you've had the chance to ride any distance yet).

P.S. Damn that VMax looks like trouble.

A friend of mine went from ST to Spyder. He likes it, but misses the ST a bit more I suspect. His major complaint was how much work was required to enjoy brisk paced twisties. He has the luxury of deep pockets so I suspect he will keep the Spyder and add another traditional 2 wheeler to the stable.

Just curious about your comparision (assume you've had the chance to ride any distance yet).

P.S. Damn that VMax looks like trouble.
That V Max could hold it's own but this one really was trouble! :lol:

You're right about the Spyder requiring more work, no way it will go effortlessly around a hard turn like the FJR would....not even close! But it is fun and very comfortable. I put some highway footrests on for stretching out and I've done 100 miles or so without much discomfort but it just isn't in the same ballpark as the FeeJ.

Got a few pics from the new owner today, up on the Blue Ridge Pkwy. at around 4,000'....beautiful mountain-scape behind and the FJR in the foreground. She's out where she belongs, I felt really good about that!! She looked happy, and that Galaxy Blue.....Whoowee!! :yahoo:

100_1950.jpg

Congrats for finding your next mount. That VMax is sick stock... I'd image your adding a blast of an additional 40hp when you let that bottle flow.

Congrats for finding your next mount. That VMax is sick stock... I'd image your adding a blast of an additional 40hp when you let that bottle flow.
Good guess Scotty! I had it jetted for a 36hp shot! :lol:

I never spun the back tire but that additional torque would just gobble up the rears....they'd only last about 1K miles!! :eek:

Just thinking Tom, you set quite a chain of events in motion when you sent me that C/L link to the local Spyder last fall....eh? Whodda thunk it would all turn out like this!

A big thanks to you Brother, ride often, ride safe, but most of all.....enjoy!! :yahoo:

Jon...

Resistance is futile Jon!! :lol:

They're really a fun machine....pricey tho!! You can buy two nice used FJR's for the price of one nice used Spyder! :dribble:
...two used FJRs... that gives me an idea.

Hook up two FJRs side by side. Two back wheels, two front wheels....Wait a minute - that's a car.

Nevermind.