Fjr1300 Wins The Utah 1088!!!!!!!!!!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks everybody for the kind words and all. Awshucks.

I had a great ride and made lots of awesome memories. Lots of good competition, and Matt getting 12th is awesome. For a first timer thats fucking incredible!

I've been trying to clean the bike today, and it ain't going so well. Think boat hull, think barnacles. :lol:

Later cats,

GZ

There were a total of 4 deerstrikes to my knowledge; none ended up seriously hurt.
Deer or rider? ;)

What was the final LEO encounter count?
Why, there were no citations issued because of the sedate, relaxed manner in which all Utah 1088 competitors putted aound the state.

Um, yeah. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I really need to come out and run this rally. So Dale is the XX or FJR the best ride for this rally?

I'm thinking the XX given the heat factors.

Probably no citations due to mister Valentine.

I really need to come out and run this rally. So Dale is the XX or FJR the best ride for this rally? 
I'm thinking the XX given the heat factors.

Probably no citations due to mister Valentine.
It's pretty much a wash.... perhaps the edge goes to the XX for this event, but only because you stay cooler on the Blackbird because you *are* part of the airstream when riding the big CBR.

To be honest, I took the XX because the last time I took a FJR to the Utah 1088, some Bad Shit happened to it..... and launched the first of the Ticking Saga threads.

Didn't feel like tempting fate again... :angry:

Congrats to those that ran the 1088!! :clap: :drinks:

Please post any trip reports you might find from riders that did the run this year. I'm still trying to learn as much about these events as I can before I FINALY go and do one.

Thanks!!

Congrats George.......... :D

How about the 11000 IBR someday........ :blink:

Please post any trip reports you might find from riders that did the run this year.
Here is one from the only other Blackbird rider in the Utah 1088: Brian Roberts. Lots and LOTS of good tips in his writeup: 2005 Utah 1088 writeup

And incidently.... the corrected mileage stats for this year's 1088 have been published, and our man George did not get the High Mileage Award.
icon_twisted.gif

'05 Utah 1088 Corrected Mileage

Congrats to those that ran the 1088!! :clap: :drinks:
Please post any trip reports you might find from riders that did the run this year. I'm still trying to learn as much about these events as I can before I FINALY go and do one.

Thanks!!
Congrats to all that attended, excellent .

+1 on the information about events. Get my FJR Friday :D

Damn, George got beat out by 4 miles ! I guess he should have been a little less precise and done a little more side to side weaving like the guy that pulled the Rossi on him !

Some dude named Dale Wilson, like anybody's ever heard of him eh? :unsure:

Seriously, a BIG CONGRATULATIONS to both WC & George ! When I get a bit more iron in my ass you'll be seeing me at one of them starting lines one day.

WAY TO GO GUYS !!!! :clap: :D :clap:

Well Folks,

Warchild had some crap to deal with while on his ride. Stuff beyond his control. He should have had me beat by an easy 170 or so. He was moving fa sho.

We all had a blast, lemme tell ya.

GZ

We all had a blast, lemme tell ya.GZ
Yes... yes, we did!!!
crazy2.gif
crazy2.gif
crazy2.gif
crazy2.gif

And don't let GZ's modesty fool anyone; he's a very tough competitor. You don't earn First Place in the Utah 1088 without being very lucky, and very, VERY good at Endurance Riding!