FJRForum Official 2017 Iron Butt Rally Tracking/Analysis Thread

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
GearHeadGrrrl posted: This Gen vs. Gen feud seems a bit ridiculous... To me they're all FJR1300s with the newer models receiving a few improvements.
It's just RenoJohn posting up after a two-year absence. He's obviously jealous of the Gen3's much improved ergonomics, cruise control, more powerful alternator, and improved aesthetics.

What's another 3 or 4 pounds of comfort features on my "fat bike", when I can still get her to Mach 2 in third gear?

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like the first 2 riders made it to the ferry dock in North Sydney, Nova Scotia with 2 others hot on their heels. Now lets see if they all get on the boat.

Looks like we also have someone in Saskatchewan plus 3 more passing through the Blackfeet reservation on their way to Alberta?

Sure wish I knew where ALL the riders are. Could someone be in British Columbia? Back down in the Keys? Fascinating stuff.

I see that at least one rider is having a nap in Nova Scotia. Good weather for the next few days.

Maybe waiting for the 11:45 boat ??

Canadian FJR

One seems to be napping at a hotel here in town. If they plan to continue their push north, I hope they check out and get back on the road before the 4th of July beach traffic starts clogging up I-495N.

Sidebar 5 was really powerful. Great job conveying the "why" and what it takes to keep going.

Speaking of which, does anyone know how the rest bonuses work for leg 3 -- how many are there? Are they designated to certain nights or used at the rider's discretion?

Sportster Rider Chris had his stator go out today, he's hooked up a car battery to get him to sportster forum's Brad's house to replace stator.

Speaking of which, does anyone know how the rest bonuses work for leg 3 -- how many are there? Are they designated to certain nights or used at the rider's discretion?
Sorry, I don't, but my friend has been going hard since he departed the CP yesterday. I'm hoping that he gets off the bike for a bit of bonus rest soon. He knows what he's doing, but that doesn't mean that I don't worry a bit.

250 Ninja north of Salmon, Idaho. Not sure why, other than that's an awesome road.

I believe one in Leg 1, another in Leg 2, and probably one or two in this Leg. Generally they have 24 hour period to start the bonus...giving much rider discretion and in whatever time zone they are. My guess Is Tuesday and Thursday or Monday and Wednesday if two in this leg.

The IBR rewards resting well with points. :)

Those riders in Nova Scotia, they need to nab whatever bonus then catch one of two returning ferries or head north to Labrador where there is another ferry.

The timing either way is critical.

Either way, they get to see some beautiful country.

Canadian FJR

Status
Not open for further replies.