FJRForum Official 2017 Iron Butt Rally Tracking/Analysis Thread

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whilst awaiting results, I'll just throw in my $.02 worth of thanks to Iggy, Warchild, RJ, and the other rally vets for the color commentary and insight. While I'll never run with the Big Dawgs (I'm on a Gen 3, after all), it's fun to monitor the rally with all of your collective knowledge. Even the wild-ass speculation provides entertainment.

I think the ones in WI are fine. I mean, before being time barred. Well, the one hasn't moved in a while, so not sure if he's not pinging, or is stuck, or what that bike is up to at the moment. But the 2 that are moving, look fine. At the moment, there is traffic on what google maps in showing as the best route, but still showing arrival before 10AM. As best I can figure anyway. This does not include stopping for gas or anything else of course!

He hit a mountain lion in 2011, crashed out in rain in 2013, and didn't run the 15 IBR, hoping for him to win it all.
Not quite.... it was a coyote he hit on HWY 50 in Nevada, and went down. This was on Day 11, too.

If you arrive say 90 minutes into penalty - you give up 90% of the points you collected on Leg 3? That's gotta hurt...

I heard that Wendy and Erik arrived at the finish. Any info on whether they arrived before or after penalty?

Any news of Jim?

If you arrive say 90 minutes into penalty - you give up 90% of the points you collected on Leg 3? That's gotta hurt...
I heard that Wendy and Erik arrived at the finish. Any info on whether they arrived before or after penalty?

Any news of Jim?
The most a rider can lose is 2400 pts, big points on this leg so 2400 points is not much. 20 points per minute

Any news of Jim?
Wendy and Erik and Eric were all in well before penalty. They are all safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.