FJR's in the Green Mountains

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nice Rumble

Reaction score
Under Tom's (Snikr) guidance I think we can still make this ride happen.

It will be based out of White River Junction at the junction or RTs 89 and 91. It will be a 1 or 2 day based on interest. There are plenty of motels and restaurants in the area. We could tour RT 100, various gaps including the infamous Appalachain Gap (RT 17), the Floating Bridge even though it is closed for summer repairs, The Brookfield Yacht Club (humor), Bethel Mtn., Smugglers Notch, Rt's 5 and 10 following the CT River, and a lunch stop at The Rochester Cafe right on RT 100. We just need to find a time frame that works for the majority.

The Brookfield yacht Club

IMG_0705-1.jpg

IMG_0714-1.jpg

The Floating Bridge

IMG_0708-1.jpg

Vermont vistas

IMG_0719-1.jpg

The Rochester Cafe

IMG_8332.jpg

And lots of these

IMG_8565.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm interested, I'll be doing Lake George, 101, Smugglers Notch and the 6 gaps ride the 3rd week of July along with 4 or 5 buddies. Well, tentatively for me anyway (moms got cancer and isn't doing really great..)

I'd be VERY interested in any routes you may have planned.

-Steve

I may be interested if is late august or september. I hope i don't have to go over the floating bridge!!!! :unsure: :dribble:

I also have a friend with a VTX1300 who might me interested or is this just for FJR's?

I may be interested if is late august or september. I hope i don't have to go over the floating bridge!!!! :unsure: :dribble:
I also have a friend with a VTX1300 who might me interested or is this just for FJR's?
The Floating Bridge is closed for summer repairs. We would not be crossing anyway.

This will be an FJR only ride.

Sometime in August would be nice.

I'm definately interested.

There's EOM in September, which I know others (including me) are planning on attending from the NE, so I would think you'd really want to avoid then.

Thank god we won't have to cross that bridge! I'd want studs for the tires or something by the looks of that thing.

Did you see my reply in the other post on a VT ride?

Count me in. I know the Rochester Cafe intimately, actually.

Jim / RLB / Boo Boo Rockefeller

I am interested in the ride...Keep me posted. Fantastic roads up there as long as the pace is "spirited"!!!

Did some of those roads when we were up for Americade. Very Nice!!! I'll watch this thread.

If I have a motorcycle by then, count me & pillion in! Looks like our kind of fun.

If the date happens to end up on the weekend of August 23-24, count me in.

(Unfortunately, that's the only weekend in August that I could make it.)

Ed.

I'll keep an eye on this thread to check on the date. My wife will be disappointed that she and her Vstar are not invited.

This will be an FJR only ride.
I was interested until I read this. Why would you exclude other riders? My wife, who would have joined the ride, said, "Even the BMW Snobs don't exclude other bikes" and she rides a BMW!

You've just said that my wife isn't "good enough" to go on a ride with you. Not a very "bike friendly attitude", is it?

I hope you reconsider.

Status
Not open for further replies.