Flash to pass switch

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1FJR

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
So I was at the G-Force (old Excel) motorcycle shop in Denver today. They had a new Concour on the floor. I spent some time looking at the bike. Not bad looking in person, they were not allowing test rides. The salesman said that they had just gotten it on the floor.

So I noticed that the left handlebar control for the head lights, windshield, horn, turn signals and the flash to pass switch looked really familar. Started to look at the one on the 07 FJR on the floor and they seem to be the same housing. I did some internet searching and found the european flash to pass switch for the FJR and it looks the same.

I have already used the space on my FJR for a switch to control my FF50's. But thought that others might be interested.

Neal

I'm guessing BrunDog was refering to the Flash To Pass switch source you mentioned in your first post. I'm kinda curious on that one myself.

Okay, I understand now. I was saying that I had found a picture of the switch on a european bike and it looks that same. So the switch on the Concour might be the same and it might be able to be used on the FJR. It was just food for thought for somebody that might want to check it out further.

Okay, I understand now. I was saying that I had found a picture of the switch on a european bike and it looks that same. So the switch on the Concour might be the same and it might be able to be used on the FJR. It was just food for thought for somebody that might want to check it out further.
Is the euro compatible harness there on our north American bikes if we were to purchase the switch?

I really liked this feature on my SV650S

Last edited by a moderator:
Is the euro compatible harness there on our north American bikes if we were to purchase the switch?

I really liked this feature on my SV650S
I have not done any more reaserch on this other than just to notice that the switch looks the same. Maybe some body else could answer the question. I think this came up before, but I do not remember.

I'd also like this switch very much, but only if we can hook it up without splicing or crap like that. I had it on my SV1000 naked, and all bikes should have it.

Maybe we can post this over the FJRowners site, where much more european guys hang around? I doubt we'd have any problems mounting the switch since apparently european FJRs have it, but the main question is the connections.

Take care.

JC

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay. Someone enlighten me, here. I've always wondered about the utility of the "flash to pass" switch, especially on a bike where the headlight's always on. What's wrong with just flicking the high-beam switch? :dntknw: Besides that switch position can serve much better purposes! :good:

Okay. Someone enlighten me, here. I've always wondered about the utility of the "flash to pass" switch, especially on a bike where the headlight's always on.
To flash your high beams. Much quicker and natural to flash with your index finger than your thumb.

JC

I came to the Feejer from a Duck ST2 and have to say that I just about had withdrawal symptoms form missing the Duck's flasher switch. I've seen one that used a Radio Shack momentary contact microswitch, but am nervous about doing that mod with all the rain riding I seem to do. Any of our Euro-pals able to find out how much the left switch cluster would cost?