Florida - Mr. & Mrs. git-r-dan heading your way!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

git-r-dan

one of those musician types
Reaction score
Here's the plan: From Mobile, AL heading over to St. Augustine on Friday evening and will be leaving to go back to Mobile, AL on Sunday. So, Saturday, April 4th's the day. Hope you guys/gals can join us. Like last time, we can meet at where we're staying in St. Augustine and cruise to wherever. Maybe Brad can bring some of that awesome bbq pork again for lunch or just hit an establishment. Sure looking forward to seeing those of you we met last time again. Hope you can make it. LET'S RIDE!!!

"git-r-dan"

:beach:

Hi Dan, great to hear from you. I listed the date on my calendar for riding/food/whatever with you and Evonne. As long as work doesn't require me to be out of town Debbie and I should be able to make it. Ride safe!

Wade

Hey Dan and Wade

I'm in for sure, will give Matt a call and maybe some more central-north fla. folks will chime in.

I'll fire up the smoker, or we can stop at one of the river restaraunts to eat, whatever y'all want to do!

Lets see who's in.....

It;ll be good to see everyone and catch up.

Brad

Last edited by a moderator:
Sure hope we have some more takers. Here's where we'll start.

Inn on Charlotte - 52 Charlotte Street, St. Augustine, Florida 32084

Driving From Points North

Take I-95 to Exit 318 (SR 16) and head east on SR 16. At US 1 turn right, following US 1 South to the traffic light at W Castillo Drive. Go left on W Castillo Drive and follow it to the end. You'll see Ripleys Believe It or Not museum. Turn right. Go to the second light, Cathedral Place, and turn right. Go a very short distance to the first street, which is Charlotte, and turn right. We are in the second block on your left.

Driving From Points South

Take I-95 to Exit 311 (SR 207), and head east. At US 1 turn left, following US 1 north to the first traffic light. Turn right onto King Street. Follow King Street .7 miles to Charlotte Street. At the end of the town plaza, just before the light at the waterfront, watch closely for a tiny street to the left. This is where you turn left onto Charlotte Street. We are in the second block on your left.

Brad - fire up that smoker!!! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Hey Dan, I've got a lunch ride planned as an alternate for you. We could ride the back roads to Palatka for a lunch time meeting with a few of my friends who are riding in to feast at Gator Landing. Great food and a deck overlooking the river. Just a thought.

Wade

Sounds great Wade. Are we there yet? Oil change tomorrow with a few last minute farklings, then off to Mobile on Saturday.

Im in! Dan, do you have an address for the place where you'll be staying? I'll punch it into the old Zumo.

Oops. I just noticed that you posted the address. See you there!

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright then, looks like Gator landing. Great place

Last time we were there, Bobs bike was brand new!

See y'all in St Augustine

I am in now also!! Is it any wonder why I love my wife?!

Like BuilderBob said, what time are we meeting?

I assume we can meet git-r-dan in St. Augustine and ride together to Palatka.

I am in now also!! Is it any wonder why I love my wife?! Like BuilderBob said, what time are we meeting?

I assume we can meet git-r-dan in St. Augustine and ride together to Palatka.
Thats the plan....I'll lay out a route tonight for you guys......or you can just follow the Wing.

Here's the plan: Leave St Augustine at 9am sharp and go south to SR207, take it to SR13 north and run along the river until we hit SR16 and go west across the bridge to US17 south to Palatka. Hwy 17 will be about 18 miles of hwy but it's worth it to ride SR13 north along the river. From Palatka/Gator Landing you are on your on. Oh yeah, by the way, expect about 50 bikes at Gator Landing for lunch around noon. I've got us getting there around 1130 for good seating on the deck!