Florida - Mr. & Mrs. git-r-dan heading your way!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
UPDATE:::No need to leave so early, I found a new route that has more twisties and scenery. Let's plan on leaving around 10:00am from St Aug. We will meet at the Charlotte Inn location of Dan's B&B. See you there!

Has anyone heard from Dan? It would be strange for us to show up for his birthday ride and him not be there. Oh hell, lets just ride and if he's not there we'll say we rode for him. See you at 10am.

Wade

By the way, Gator Landing is now known of as Corky Bell's.

Swapped phone messages with Dan yesterday, they arrived OK and will be ready by 10AM.

Looks like a great day for it, see ya there.

Brad

Finally got on the internet after arriving safely back in Mobile, AL. Sure missed out on a few posts between leaving for FL and the ride. Wow, it sure turned out to be a great group ride along the Johns river and Ocalla forest in Florida with Pickax, Mr. & Mrs. Roadglide, StellarSteve and Builder Bob. We ended up at Corky Bell's for lunch with a spectacular view of the river, great food and fellowship. Thanks Wade for all your planning. We had the best seats in the restaurant with an unbelievable view. It was a great, unforgettable day! Did anyone take any pics of the group? I did take a pic of that plane taxiing up to the dock.

1e5552244231433aab9fd59734247dd7-1.jpg

Just letting ya'll know, I'm now safe and sound back in Rockport, TX. That last stretch from Mobile back to Rockport took forever. Left at 7:30AM (38 degrees) making a stop in Baton Rouge checking out a musician friend's recording studio and then a stop in Beaumont, TX talking to some friends. Didn't get back to Rockport till 11:30PM. That Russell seat did its job until the last 45 minutes. What was cool was listening to the Astros/Cubs game on the new XM radio (Zumo) between Beaumont and Rockport, providing those miles to rattle off a lot quicker. All in all, the FJR ran perfectly the whole way. Right before arriving home, the odometer clicked over 30,000.

Just letting ya'll know, I'm now safe and sound back in Rockport, TX. That last stretch from Mobile back to Rockport took forever. Left at 7:30AM (38 degrees) making a stop in Baton Rouge checking out a musician friend's recording studio and then a stop in Beaumont, TX talking to some friends. Didn't get back to Rockport till 11:30PM. That Russell seat did its job until the last 45 minutes. What was cool was listening to the Astros/Cubs game on the new XM radio (Zumo) between Beaumont and Rockport, providing those miles to rattle off a lot quicker. All in all, the FJR ran perfectly the whole way. Right before arriving home, the odometer clicked over 30,000.
Glad you made it back safely Dan. It was good to see you and Yvonne again, as well as Brad. Good meeting Wade & Debbie and Steve.

I'm planning a trip out west next year. I'll give you a holler when I get things sorted out.