Florida RTE soon?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well maybe you will welcome a new guy on a FJR. I am going to try and make this RTE.

fjr-greg11.jpg

Ok, December 7th at RiverRatz. What time are we talking, I might have missed that part.  :rolleyes:

Marie and I will be there (thanks, Steve).

Ok, December 7th at RiverRatz. What time are we talking, I might have missed that part.  :rolleyes:

Marie and I will be there (thanks, Steve).
You’re welcome Mate. 

Also, just got the news that Dan and missus, Tina will be attending. 

The more the merrier, will be good to see everyone.

Time.....??     Don’t know, I’ll start with 12:00pm. 

Yeah, I'm sitting here waiting for the weather forecast this weekend.  Now that I've evolved into a Candy Butt rider, that's important!

EDIT:  It looks like high of 74 for Saturday per Orlando Channel 9 weather/

A couple of friends of ours, from north Georgia, will be joining us. 

Looking forward to to seeing y'all again!

Alright... trying to change my style of riding from point A to point B, to a slower more relaxing style.  I plan on leaving out at sunrise and heading north on I-95 to 714 which is on the top 10 scenic roads list for Florida.  Ill then jump on 710 to SR70 and head west to highway 27. Take Hwy 27 north through Lake Placid where Rt 17 (Scenic Highway) splits off. Lake Placid to Loughman on 17 is also on the top 10 list. Once I get to Loughman, Jump on I-4 to Hwy 98, ride 98 until I come to 471N and ride through the Green Swamp Wilderness Preserve and the Richloam Wildlife Management Area. Hook up with SR50 to 39 (?) and north to Nobleton.

If I am not there, you know I got lost...

Alright... trying to change my style of riding from point A to point B, to a slower more relaxing style.  I plan on leaving out at sunrise and heading north on I-95 to 714 which is on the top 10 scenic roads list for Florida.  Ill then jump on 710 to SR70 and head west to highway 27. Take Hwy 27 north through Lake Placid where Rt 17 (Scenic Highway) splits off. Lake Placid to Loughman on 17 is also on the top 10 list. Once I get to Loughman, Jump on I-4 to Hwy 98, ride 98 until I come to 471N and ride through the Green Swamp Wilderness Preserve and the Richloam Wildlife Management Area. Hook up with SR50 to 39 (?) and north to Nobleton.

If I am not there, you know I got lost...
Looks good to me! PM sent.

Unfortunately I am not going to be able to make it this weekend. It was my birthday during the week and the family and friends are taking me boating and for dinner Saturday.

Unfortunately I am not going to be able to make it this weekend. It was my birthday during the week and the family and friends are taking me boating and for dinner Saturday.
Happy Birthday!  Sorry to hear you won't make it Greg, see you down the road somewhere.

Looks like a gorgeous day for a ride!

Fyi, RiverRatz has a separate entrance/exit, though I’ve done both, and they’re only separated by 8’ or so, so look for any signage.

Heading west towards Nobleton, you’ll cross a bridge over the Withlacoochee, and RiverRatz will be immediately on your right, after the bridge.

See y’all there.

I just rolled off the interstate with 1299.1 miles for the day after rolling on 23 hrs ago. Totally worth it! I had a good time meeting alot of you for the first time and seeing a few old friends too! 

Great seeing everyone new and old.  Nate, thanks for making the run.  It went pretty good even if it did take 3 tries to find a place to eat.  Inverness is a pretty cool little town, I need to go back.

I got home OK, but there was a bad head on accident on SR46 about 20 miles from my house so was shut down for almost 2 hours.  I stuck it out there bacause any detour for me would have meant backtracking and backroads in the dark and an hour running time.  I ended up getting home @ 7:30.

So, need to start a new thread, but next FL RTE in Feb or so and what was the place Tony was saying?