• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

For Sale Penske 8981

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fairlaner

The Bartender Whisperer
Reaction score
Penske 8981 for sale, great shape as it has been in a shock sock since new has around 14000 miles on it since last rebuild at Traxxion.

$550 shipped. email for more info and pics

[email protected]

12339305_10208050300885671_4190201065283853590_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Good deal but I have to pass. Christmas and firearm purchase keep me from jumping on this.

Richard, the 8981 has a 6-position compression damper adjustment on the end of the remote reservoir, right? Do you have the mount for the remote?

Good luck with the sale.

Tom it is yes to both questions i posted a pic..... and Don it is already gone and a 16 ordered.

R

Last edited by a moderator:
Josh, keep the OEM shock handy in case you ever want to service the Penske. I have had mine on the bike for a few weeks where I would have missed riding. Besides, it will make you appreciate how much better the Penske really is. Congrats on the buy, and the new (feeling) bike. You're going to love it, and I don't have to watch your rear tire skipping sideways in turns.