Front Brake Seized

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
W/J

In some areas such as SoCal, the tap water contains an extremely high mineral content that loves to eat away at metals and coatings. So, if you don't get the pads and rotors dry you run the risk of a chemical reaction 'fusing' brakes to pads (remember, pads are always in contact with the rotors).

I've run the car through the wash 'round the corner and put her away 'wet'. Next morning you can hear the pads breaking free of the rotors.

W/J
In some areas such as SoCal, the tap water contains an extremely high mineral content that loves to eat away at metals and coatings.
Ok, I get it - it's a regional thing. My tap water is nowhere near that nasty. However, there is still a big filter canister in my basement that filters all the tap water with a 5 micron fillter before sending it out to the plumbing. Could something like this combined with a water softener help you guys? If you own your own house, maybe re-routing plumbing a bit so's one of the outdoor taps has soft water would help? Just curious.

The filtration systems usually filter the tap at the kitchen only. There are total house systems too. I contacted a plumber about filtering the stuff I feed my dog and wash my bike in and the look he gave me was priceless.

Like.....who gives a shit about your dog and bike ????

I do motherfucker. Seeya.

If I never wash the bikes here again, I would still like to have decent H2O to wash my stinky ass and dog with. Research underway.

W/J
In some areas such as SoCal, the tap water contains an extremely high mineral content that loves to eat away at metals and coatings.
Ok, I get it - it's a regional thing. My tap water is nowhere near that nasty. However, there is still a big filter canister in my basement that filters all the tap water with a 5 micron fillter before sending it out to the plumbing. Could something like this combined with a water softener help you guys? If you own your own house, maybe re-routing plumbing a bit so's one of the outdoor taps has soft water would help? Just curious.
My condo is hooked up with a Kinetico soft water system (best in the business) for the whole house. Kitchen, baths and laundry are hooked up to RO systems in line after the Kinetico. So, my water is PDG for this local, but still shitty as compared to my old home's tap water in Connecticut.

Also, the CC & R's here forbid 'automotive maintenance' in the parking areas or garages (with door open... anal old fucks put that clause in!). I'm therefore, very limited to washing venues. Though I can pay Manni, $60.00 to detail the bike if I get too lazy!