Front End Rebuild

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SPORT

Reaction score
Would like to thank all who offered there suggestions on cheapo Fork rebuild.

I've decided to go with a GPSuspesnion springs, seals and oil.

I've also decided to buy tapered bearings for the steering head. Anybody have a part # and location to purchase them?

Thanks

So I'm ordering the parts this week to rebuild the forks myself.

BikeBandit.com makes it cheap and easy to locate and buy parts. They also offer a Race Tech spring for the same price as GPSuspension.

Any difference between a GPSuspension Fork Spring or a RaceTech Fork spring of the same wt.? Any reason why I shouldn't buy from BikeBandit?

Thanks in advance.

R/

Last edited by a moderator:
So I'm ordering the parts this week to rebuild the forks myself.BikeBandit.com makes it cheap and easy to locate and buy parts. They also offer a Race Tech spring for the same price as GPSuspension.

Any difference between a GPSuspension Fork Spring or a RaceTech Fork spring of the same wt.? Any reason why I shouldn't buy from BikeBandit?

Thanks in advance.

R/

When I went to GPSuspension, they pulled a box of springs sized to my weight, compared them, and picked a matched set (using some form of magic - I was mostly getting toured around the shop, so all I saw was the initial measuring). I also watched them box up a couple of springs to send back to the manufacturer because the springs failed their tests.

I know, I'm a regular font of technical information - but short answer is, GPSuspension is two guys who care and who know what they're doing. Don't know about Bike Bandit. If the prices are even close, the members of this Forum have had great luck with at least 3 group buys from GPSuspension, so I'd go with them.