Garauld (on this forum)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am pleased to say that I recently bought a Sport Rack from Gary at Garauld.

He was very responsive to my emails, and had it shipped to me ahead of the schedule I needed. The rack is beautiful, the welds are a work of art, and it fits the bike perfectly. All that and a money back guarantee; how can you miss with a deal like that?

Thank you Gary!

20150826_205859.jpg

20150826_205926.jpg

I can't believe it took me so long to find out about Gary's work, but I am glad I finally did. I had been looking for an aftermarket tail-rack for my '03 FJR, but with no luck. Someone reminded me to go the the FJR forum and scout around. After several emails, Gary came up with a solution: he would modify a Givi rack that would allow me to keep grab-rails on either side of the bike while giving me a place to tie-down my computer case, duffel bag, or whatever else I need to carry. I was blown away when I received the new rack only two days after he shipped it--expedited! The welds are impeccable and the paint is as good as factory. The new tailrack is twice the surface area of the old piece and fits perfect. I can't wait to use it, wish I had it on the Lake Superior trip I just finished. Thanks Gary for an excellent job.

I need to add my 0.02 here as well. I bought the stiffy kit from Gary and couldn't be happier. The piece is very well made, as everyone knows. However, when i ordered it, I was on a little bit of a time deadline. Gary made sure I had the kit in time for a ride I had planned. The attention to detail, the product and the customer service are all top notch. Kudos, Gary.

Just received the Gen2/3 Subframe Stiffy Kit. Great fabrication work and super fast delivery. Like others - very pleased.

Just got a stiffy kit, highway pegs, and luggage rack built around a givi mount - with a backrest. All of these look to be absolutely top notch. Gary was also great to work with. There were vendor delays getting the givi mount but he did a great job communicating and helped me to get a mount off of the forum to speed things along. Highly recommended!

I too just got a stiffy kit for my Gen 1. Top notch, 10 minute install because of the attention to detail!

Last edited by a moderator:
Another huge shout out for Gary. Looks like it could be a hot ride out to NAFO5, so I contacted him about one of his hydration kits. I placed the order on the 5th and he said he would have to put one together. Well, he hit it out of the park. started work on it that day 7/5/16 and it was at my house 7/9!!

Oh and quality product?? Hell yeah!

I'm with Intech. Looking at the long hot ride to NAFO as well and thought garaulds hydration kit would be a wise investment.

Contacted garauld and he let me know what options I had concerning the hydration kit. ( I went with dark gray base and red 1 gal jug.)

I recieved it in a couple of days. As mentioned numerous times, absolutely top notch craftmenship!

Mounted it in minutes and ready to give it a good workout next week.

Thank you Gary!

Another shout out to Gary. A great job on a top case relocation plate and stiffie kit. Very well done, "very" reasonably priced and very professional.

Glad I purchased from Gary.

Ordered a Gen2/3 luggage rack on Thursday, shipped on Friday. It arrived on Monday in Detroit and it bolted on without any problems with fitment. Plus it looks good!

Just installed stiffy kit and large rear rack with backrest, custom painted to match my 2016 FJR. Everything fit very well and looks great after installation. Highest quality product and service. Thanks Garauld

I purchased two of Garauld's hydration systems for my FJR two years ago. While coming back from vacation this year, I managed scrape the side of my bike against a concrete barrier, which ground off a big piece of the metal holder that holds the cooler.

My original request was to get a new metal holder, which I would have been happy to buy. Garauld asked for a picture, and then told me he could repair the part for less.

The part came back to me today, and it looks new. The price was more than reasonable, and I would recommend Garauld and his products without reservation.

I bought a used Garauld passenger backrest from this forum,the seller however couldn't find the longer bolts and spacers.

Made contact with Gary and he sent me the bolts & spacers complete with plastic crush washers and a spare set for a very very reasonable price.

Gary,you're the man,Thanks again !!!

I had sent several Shad pieces and Yamaha mirror covers from my first fjr that I wanted to have match my new to me 14.

Sent them off to Gary and when I got them back, they looked better than OEM. Great service and wonderful quality.

Thank you

Gary just painted a new Givi Top Box for my FJR. I don't think I picked the easiest to paint top box. Gary was excellent to work with. He listened to my thoughts, came back with some of his own ideas, and together we came up with a paint scheme for the new box. I received it yesterday and it looks awesome. Great paint work and attention to detail. Easy on the wallet price. Work done and delivered to my door very quickly too.

Previous top box after 62,000 miles toppled down the road. I was miserable (Gary had painted that one also). This larger one will have the pin mod done before it sees sunlight.

Thanks Gary for turning my bad situation into a beautiful upgrade.

Don.

Last edited by a moderator:
Received my repaired and repainted side bags from Gary. I have to echo the comments of others on the Forum that his work is indistinguishable from new from the factory. I had a 2" crack in the right side case cover close to the crease at the top of the case that I worked on myself before figuring out that I was in over my head. Managed to weld the crack with some ABS glue but when it came time to sand out the repair and blend it in with the surrounding area I was lost. Gary repaired and repainted both side case covers and I can not see where any of the damage accumulated over the last seven years was. We are very fortunate to have someone like Gary available.

Another happy customer applauding Gary's work.

I had been looking for a way to mount a water jug to the bike for the long haul rides and ran into Gary's solution. I had a few questions regarding the fitment of the 1/2 gallon hydration system as it pertains to the use of the rear canyon cages for the Gen 3. Gary and I went back and forth via email, he sent me a scaled diagram of his design which I test fitted. I went ahead and placed an order on a Tuesday and he mentioned that he did not have any in stock but he would fabricate one asap (and even painted it per my request). I was amazed to have a package delivered at my door on that Saturday!

I was amazed with the craftsmanship and instructions he included, along with a couple of spare rubber grommets just in case. If anyone is wondering if the 1/2 gallon system will fit even with the canyon cages, it does! Here are some pics for reference:

Note: Water jug was not included, I had it laying around the house.

58A8EEDF-77B3-4405-9DCD-1876AE194345_zpst3wceeci.jpg

Plenty of spacing between the cages and the jug. Here is a top view showing a screwdriver fitting in that space comfortably:

D4399972-0020-412B-A7E3-87071377D10D_zpsndxiwpsi.jpg

Thanks a lot Gary!

I just ordered a hydration kit from Gary. It got here fast, and even though I haven't even put it on the bike yet, I frigging love it. The workmanship on the tray and clamp is top notch, and it came with everything I need to just basically assemble it, fill it with water and roll out. He even sent instructions, which I love. I'm an instructions kind of guy!

Thanks Garauld...You seem to never disappoint!!