Gasp -- A "breathable Jacket" ????

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the same "time" problem. I start work @ 1400, so Spring and Fall afternoons are comfortable, but 0200 riding home I slip the liner in my Phoenix, and a light longsleeve shirt or sweatshirt is enough to keep me warm. Definitely get a jacket with a removable liner.

The "cool-vest" is really helpful in the Sacramento Valley, but my commute isn't all that long (1/2 hr. or so). The vest is nice on dayrides along with a Camelback.

I did a litle "pavement diving" last Sept., off the pavement and over the shoulder (a cliff), and I'm still using the same Phoenix jacket, no blown seams, no scuffs or burns. Still, Kevlar would be the optimum......

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel like an outcast here. The two Mesh jackets I'v used have not been mentioned.

Current all temp. jacket- Mossi, can't recall what style, but it's mesh with pads and a removeable liner. Works well. But it's Black. I found it at the local Yamaha dealer.

Previous jacket- a few years back I had a lite grey colered Kushitani jacket. It was very comfortable for Texas Summer riding. The pads were thinner and lighter making it a bit more comfortable, but possibly less protection.

I use a First Gear Kilimanjaro Air Jacket. With the liner out is is just like wearing a T-shirt but you have full coverage and armor. Wet a long sleeve T and it is just like air conditioning. With the liner in I am good to 40 deg with just a shirt underneath. When it gets really cold then I put on the BMW long undies. This is the best jacket I have ever owned and its waterproof to boot.
Ride Safe.

Marc
With the Kilamanjaro Air, I put on a t-shirt and sweatshirt with liner and rode my BMW 4 hours in December over Donner Pass at 28 degrees and never got cold. I agree that it is cooler than a t-shirt in sun/heat. Great jacket in terms of function...glad I bought it!

I started a new topic on an evaporative cooling vest I tried. Worked great, check it under the title "everybody hot enough". Recomend it highly. Stay cool.

Here's one for you, the BMW Venting Machine. The right fabric that won't burn into your skin and it works great!

You can cut off the little BMW logo off, no problem. :rolleyes:

I've been checking out some of these cooling options. For $29.95 plus shipping I don't see how you can beat it. The sahara vest is $88 from motorcycle closeout. If you want to try one of these vests check out soundrider.com. Don't worry I don't work there or have a vested interest. I'm just like many of you trying to pass on a good deal.. Stay cool.