• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Gen II Luggage Racks

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Garauld, I am considering the rack also in the future and my question is are there any plans for your rack for the 06 to have a removable backrest setup? This would allow more packing options for different trips. Keep up the good work. PM. <>< :D
Hi painman, I plan to have the removeable backrest option available. I will be posting photos shortly as I have to build one imminently... :)

Garauld, I am considering the rack also in the future and my question is are there any plans for your rack for the 06 to have a removable backrest setup? This would allow more packing options for different trips. Keep up the good work. PM. <>< :D
Hi painman, I plan to have the removeable backrest option available. I will be posting photos shortly as I have to build one imminently... :)
:D

Hi fjrMogul, I am assuming that you mean backrests for '06 machines. Yes, if someone wants one, I should be able to tweak the design a bit as soon as I get the dimensions off an '06 bike. I don't have a model # for that specific pad, but will try to get it... I can make more backrests for pre-'06 bikes - send me a PM if you want one.
Thanks.

I have an 06, please contact me as soon as possible. I want a backrest. My email is [email protected] or 603.527.0256 thanks, Dana.

hello Garauld;

I'm also interested in a rack and backrest for an '06.

Should I wait for a post indicating you're taking orders?

Thanks very much!!

best regards

Patrick

Garauld, I am also interested in a luggage rack for my mythical AE. Is the '06 OEM rack WORSE than the earlier models? That SUCKS. I was trying to attach a bag that is as wide as me and goes from the back edge of the pilot seat all the way to the end of the tail. Putting a bungy under the pillion at the front end of the bag wasn't too hard, but hooking onto the '04 rack mostly SUCKED.

Does your rack sit pretty flush with the rear seat? Can it be made WITHOUT the "handhold" (backstop?)? Or could you make the upright part removeable? The idea is that I am going to put a large bag on there, all the way from my back to over the tail, and I would prefer that it be a straight flat (or nearly) shot.

If I could get a flat rack that sits as low (or close to it) and the pillion, and painted Cerulean (or powdercoated Cerulean), then I'm in. PM me and I can PayPal you. Just would like to get on for my '06 for before the big trek to WFO. Hope the bike gets here in time....

I met Garauld yesterday, and picked up my new rack
I like your new RACK!

- with the intro of the '06 FJR model, I have been a bit overwhelmed with rack orders primarily due to the lack of tie-down locations on the stock unit. :huh: I can certainly tweak my design to accomodate most any reasonable request - I have in the past. If you wish to discuss options or to place an order, just send me a PM and we can chat... B) I have to mention that deliveries for new orders are several months away at this time. :dribble: I can only make them so fast.... I am thinking of teaching the wife to TIG weld... :rolleyes:

Here's an image of one of the new racks as powdercoated satin black. The kit comes with spacers and 3 longer SST screws that attaches it to the stock unit. Pricing as shown is $150 plus S&H (usually about $12). Send me a PM if you want one. Thanks! B)

P6240163a.jpg

Here's an image of one of the new racks as powdercoated satin black. The kit comes with spacers and 3 longer SST screws that attaches it to the stock unit. Pricing as shown is $150 plus S&H (usually about $12). Send me a PM if you want one. Thanks! B)

Oh man Gary, that is lovely!....looking forward to seeing mine at the doorstep.

Hi gang, here's an image of the 2006 rack with the removeable backrest option. This customer wanted his powdercoated satin black instead of Cobalt blue. It comes with all new SST mounting hardware. Other options are available. Send me a PM if you are interested in one... B)

Thanks.

P7030185a.jpg

Excellent work Garauld! Makes me want to go out and get an 06 just so I can get one of your racks!

Nice rack Garauld.

(What's it like having everyone telling you they like the look of your rack? :lol: :lol: )

(Sorry, I'm overtired and I just couldn't resist the temptation :p )

So whats the price with the removable backrest?

cary

Hi gang, here's an image of the 2006 rack with the removeable backrest option. This customer wanted his powdercoated satin black instead of Cobalt blue. It comes with all new SST mounting hardware. Other options are available. Send me a PM if you are interested in one... B) Thanks.

Oh yeah, that sure is sweet....looks like the one I'm waiting for, could it be mine? :yahoo: :yahoo:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi gang, here's an image of the 2006 rack with the removeable backrest option. This customer wanted his powdercoated satin black instead of Cobalt blue. It comes with all new SST mounting hardware. Other options are available. Send me a PM if you are interested in one... B) Thanks.

P7030185a.jpg
PM sent, interested in the powder coat black model for the 2006 with backrest option.

Regards,

Davy

Looks much better in the "live" pics than the photoshopped one. Are they as wide as the ones for the 05?

Mike

Ok, I'll bite. Put me on the list for a Cobalt Blue.

One question though, can a Givi adapter plate and Givi V46 case be easily mounted to this?

First ride on our 06 with Garauld's rack/removeable backrest, my wife and I took 450 mile weekend wandering around the Hudson Valley. Eileen is all smiles with the backrest, she is more at ease and able to cover greater distances in comfort now. The rack was nice to have too, we used the extra capacity for quick access items. Thanks again Garauld, great product. Eileen says its 'worth every penny'.... :)

GAPS,

My wife wants a backrest too. Just curious are ya’ll riding on the OEM seat or have ya already gotten an aftermarket seat? :questionmark:

shokdimn