• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Gen II Luggage Racks

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just received the hybrid backrest and mini-rack in black powder coat.....perfect welds and finish! My wife loves the comfort, and is finally relaxed on this bike.

:clapping:

Thanks Garauld !

Everone's seen the pictures and knows how well made these are, and how nice an addition they are to the bike....

Gary - you did a stupendous job on these .

P8300002.jpg

I have plenty of duffels that would work well with the rack, but I was really glad to see how well the Nelson-Rigg CBT500 fit.

It's been sitting on the 'shelf of luggage past ' with my various soft bags and tank bags from previous bikes....until today.

P8300006.jpg

Just got mine in the mail today...much quicker than I expected.

And it installed in less than 10 minutes (had to find my wrenches lol.)

WOW is all I can say. It matches really nice, now I just wish the tail bag I wanted to put on it was in stock already.

Very nice work Gary, I see mine mounts differently than most of them but I have to say I like being able to take off the backrest without messing with the bolts on the rack.

Great contact, great help, great product, great shipping.......WOW.

Thanks a ton Gary, there are 4 other instructors in my state that ride FJR's I hope to sell some more of these for you.

Hi gang, I have been playing around with my CAD system :wacko: and came up with a new rack design made to mount onto the new 2006 tail shelf. Here are some images of it. What do you think? The first person who wants one and can send me their tail shelf rack for a week or so will get it for free - all they have to do is pay for return shipping of their rack and the new one. I will need the time to perform final design fitment work, fabrication and paint color matching.

B)
A luggage rack similar to that for the lid of the Top Box I could go for and so would many of us . It would cover all bases then ,eg hard bags for small stuff and the rack to top it all off for lighter long luggage , eg tents and bed rolls.

I got my backrest and rack in the mail on Saturday and all I can say is.............. EXCELLENCE. It looks great. This is one very satisfied customer. Thank you Gary for a wonderful product.

:yahoo: :clapping: :D

I got my rack in the mail today for my 05, WOW ! WOW !!

Great !!! :yahoo: :clapping: :yahoo: :clapping: :yahoo:

Last edited by a moderator:
Just installed my rack today. As said before, Great work, a cinch to install, and looks like it was meant to be there. It is a great add on for those with the stock shelf only on their GenII's.

If you want one, you will not be disappointed.

Thank you again, Gary.

I finally got around to installing (and road trip testing) my Gen II small rack with removable backrest.

What can I say that hasn't been said already? An absolute work of art, perfect fit and finish. A steal at that price, arguably worth much more. Amazing customer service. All around amazing deal from an amazing craftsman.

Thank you kind Sir.

I Like the rest of them But this guy has a baddd attitude. I don't like the way he's looking at me! :lol:

Seriously though, nice product. Can I get just the rack, I already have a backrest on my Corbins. (in Silver), if not black would be OK.

Last edited by a moderator:
Paging garauld - check your messages; I'd like to place an order.

me too..... cant get a response ??? hope your still makin them........... thanks.......
He's out of pocket at the moment, I do believe. I'm on hold for a backrest and he said he'd be offline for a few days. Be patient -- I hear it's worth the wait!

Gary,

Thanks for the awesome mini-rack with backrest. It was waiting for me when I got home and 5 minutes later it was on the bike. Looks great.....gotta go try it out.......see ya !!!

OK Gary, Ready to order the big rack and back rest for the 09.

Whats the latest on finishes in black and also choices of back rest material.

Your rack on the 05 has been great.

Let me know.

Thanks, Steve :dribble:

Copy that. I'll take the large rack,powder coat black, with bolt on back rest that best matches the stock seat. Let me know what's next to complete the deal.

Thanks, Steve