Gen III Side Panel Removal with Charcoal Canister

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But what about what George said earlier in this link to be sure to...? plug a hole near the throttle bodies?  Again, thanks to all. 

Wait.  I see the other thread now.  thx

When removing the charcoal canister, plug the front hose as this goes to the throttle body. The rear hose is the vent for the gas tank. Leave this open. 

I'm going to do it! My lowest panel right has the marks of an aborted attempt from previous owner out of Modesto, a civil hardscape engineer kinda guy.  He halfway told me about it, but I was love struck, so who cared! The pics shown are great and appreciated.  What the is proper way to send the offending canister to the California authorities?  Thanks 

Come on Skoot, get on it, take pics and document for us!

With Phoenix experiencing record breaking heat this summer I have *zero* motivation to spend time in the garage.  And with four FJRs, and a BMW I have plenty of projects building up.  This past weekend the high temps actually got below 105 for two days.  I was finally able to get the clutch fixed on that '13 (Fairlaner) FJR that had been sitting for two months.  No time to remove the canister.  That will be a winter project.

With Phoenix experiencing record breaking heat this summer I have *zero* motivation to spend time in the garage.  And with four FJRs, and a BMW I have plenty of projects building up.  This past weekend the high temps actually got below 105 for two days.  I was finally able to get the clutch fixed on that '13 (Fairlaner) FJR that had been sitting for two months.  No time to remove the canister.  That will be a winter project.
No excuses. You're single. Bring the FJR into the air conditioned living room! ChopChop!

Remove it permanently. 
Agreed!  I removed mine when I installed a PDM and some other items.  Its been 10K miles since then and no hiccups.  I remember there were two hoses that connected to the throttle bodies that were a pain to remove as they were snaked around the valve cover to the throttle bodies.  I cant remember how I capped them off but know it was easier to remove the fairing and the tank. 

Good Luck,  Hope this helps.