GenMar Risers

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can do a search, but I think you need to watch to make sure brake/clutch hoses and throttle cables etc aren't pulling too taught etc

I just installed my Genmar risers last week.

The instructions are very good, and you will be cutting the metal wire guides on both sides of the triple. This frees up more than enough cable slack. when I was done, I zip tied to tidy up loose cable bundles.

Do you have a 36mm socket?

https://www.zianet.com/GenMar/Y203Install.html

Last edited by a moderator:
What's the difference between the Genmar risers and the Heli Triple Tree risers other than price?

Thanks

What's the difference between the Genmar risers and the Heli Triple Tree risers other than price?
Thanks
I take it that were talking about the Gen2. Heli triple tree risers are a combination of replacing the triple tree with the heli version, then adding the heli risers to the heli setup. The heli triple clamp moves the bars back towards the rider, the riser....well they do what they were intended.

bottom line: heli setup will move the bars up and closer to you. the genmars will just move the bars up.

GreyGoose

I was not sure I needed to bring the bars back closer to me. So I went with the GenMar risers (less than $100) instead of the Heli triple (considerably more expensive).

Figured if they didn't work out I would sell them and go with the Heli triple. After installing the risers, and adjusting the 3 position bar options the Gen II's offer from the neutral postion to the back position. I've found happiness, and they will not be going up for sale any time soon.

I wanted to put on the Gen Mar risers on my 2008 and was wondering if there was anything I needed to know/tips to watch out for? Any issues I should be aware about regarding cable routing?https://www.zianet.com/GenMar/

TIA,

Rob

Here's a tip. Just put the risers on my 08 about a month ago. Try and find someone without sausage fingers to get the nuts started on the bottom side of the triple clamp so they don't fall between the gas tank and insulation. Thank God the wife doesn't have sausage fingers and was able to retrieve the washer and nut after I loosened the tank (plus her smaller hands make it seem like my junk is huge!). Also, while you have the bars off, it's a good time to move the bars back with risers toward you. Other than that, they work great and my wrists and arms can really feel the difference. Good luck.

I wanted to put on the Gen Mar risers on my 2008 and was wondering if there was anything I needed to know/tips to watch out for? Any issues I should be aware about regarding cable routing?https://www.zianet.com/GenMar/

TIA,

Rob

Here's a tip. Just put the risers on my 08 about a month ago. Try and find someone without sausage fingers to get the nuts started on the bottom side of the triple clamp so they don't fall between the gas tank and insulation. Thank God the wife doesn't have sausage fingers and was able to retrieve the washer and nut after I loosened the tank (plus her smaller hands make it seem like my junk is huge!). Also, while you have the bars off, it's a good time to move the bars back with risers toward you. Other than that, they work great and my wrists and arms can really feel the difference. Good luck.
Heh, I had to call upon my wife and her tiny hands to retrieve one of the nuts that fell into the dark regions of the fairing when I was moving the bars back to the closest position (Gen Mar risers installed already). Took about an hour to locate the little bastage...after lifting the tank and NOT finding it there.