getting the guts off

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why is it that the bike cleaning questions get so many responses? :unsure:
:blink:

(and never end up in NEPRT?)

Been proven tough to hot rod an FJR, we're obviously all about the bling. :) Well that and the plethora of chemicals released on the buying public make it impossible for this to be a NEPRT.

For dried on bugs I get an old bath towel, soak it in water and put it on the shield for 20 minutes or so. That loosens up most of the goo so it can be easily wiped off. Then I use Plexus to polish it up.

That what I use , when the bike comes in covered in summer bugs , I thoroughly wet a hand towel and throw it over the front of the bike then the bugs then rinse off the next day.

A good coat of silicon or wax polish helps the buggers not to stick so much
To avoid the bad side effects from the sandpaper, I wipe the glass w/ sardines and let sit. I then let the cat lick it off.

Why is it that the bike cleaning questions get so many responses? :unsure:
:blink:

rainbow-flag-male.jpg
[SIZE=36pt]???[/SIZE]

I think all you guys are missing the point.

He has bugs on his bike.

He's not driving in between them. Ergo, they hit his bike.

So - is the a pilot control issue? :blink:

Code:
jhedges Posted Sep 14 2009, 07:32 PM 
  QUOTE (Fred W @ Sep 14 2009, 05:33 PM) 
Why is it that the bike cleaning questions get so many responses?  

I dunno, the thread about your wife was pretty popular Freddy!!
I missed that thread, did his wife need cleaning? :lol: :yahoo:

Last edited by a moderator:
So, from reading the posts, is RainX good or bad? :)
Rain-X has been blamed for causing the laminate windshields to separate. In other words, on most windshields there is a coating in the top layer (anti-scratch, scratch resistant, whatever) that Rain-X has caused to separate.

Very ugly. Not at all attractive. Waaaayyyyy on the bad side of the Good/Bad Meter.