Givi

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freebyrd69

Reaction score
Hi all! First time caller, longtime listener. Lol
I am looking for a trunk option for my 2014 FJR that mounts only to the tailpiece and does not replace the factory painted grab handles.
I’m not concerned about junk in the trunk. I will be using it only as a backrest for my wife, and to store the helmets when going out to eat etc..
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I'm not aware of any Givi that fits the stock tail piece directly. You either need to add a plate on top or swap out the piece with a different Givi-compatible rack. Try searching on "SR 357" to see threads about the optional plate.

If you want to mount directly to stock tail piece you're likely going to have to go with Yamaha's case.

Bear in mind that the SR357 also incorporates grab bars, and that some passengers prefer them over the OEM ones. It is an extra expense but is stronger and I think more integrated looking than the E251 adapter plate.

Bear in mind that the SR357 also incorporates grab bars, and that some passengers prefer them over the OEM ones. It is an extra expense but is stronger and I think more integrated looking than the E251 adapter plate.
Don't know about more integrated. You still wind up with either the toilet seat adapter or the e251 mounted to the st357

Don't know about more integrated. You still wind up with either the toilet seat adapter or the e251 mounted to the st357
I leave my Give topcase on all the time (with the SR357 rack) so the appearance of the adapter plate is immaterial. Bike looks better without it, but that is where I keep "stuff" ranging from cleaning cloths, insurance/registration, snacks, water, minimal tools, hat, and anything I might need to pick up while I'm out.

I'm not aware of any Givi that fits the stock tail piece directly. You either need to add a plate on top or swap out the piece with a different Givi-compatible rack. Try searching on "SR 357" to see threads about the optional plate.

If you want to mount directly to stock tail piece you're likely going to have to go with Yamaha's case.
I added the SR 357 to my 2020 and it fits and functions great. bought it off Amazon its a full kit

I leave my Give topcase on all the time (with the SR357 rack) so the appearance of the adapter plate is immaterial. Bike looks better without it, but that is where I keep "stuff" ranging from cleaning cloths, insurance/registration, snacks, water, minimal tools, hat, and anything I might need to pick up while I'm out.
I don't care what they look like either. Just disagreeing with the SR357 being any more integrated than slapping an adapter plate on the stock rack.

I had the SR357 setup on the FJR before switching to my full GIVI side/top rack setup. The sr357 had the toilet seat adapter and the other one I switched to the E251 - mostly because it allowed me to more easily adjust the fore/aft position.
IMG_20210406_120807_4.jpg
IMG_20210830_170932_1.jpg

The toilet seat comes included with the SR357. I flushed that and added one of their other adapter plates which is more functional and better looking IMHO. An extra cost, yes, but I like it.

"Toilet seat adapter" <lol> I like that; it does somewhat resemble a toilet seat, but less comfortable!

That said, by "more integrated" I mean it fits the metal frame nicely and the profile looks nicer than an adapter bolted to the stock rack with the case mounted.

I agree that your naked rack looks better -- and more functional -- than the toilet seat with the case removed.

I just realized this is pretty much the only discussion comparing naked racks that is considered acceptable in this PC world we now live in. ;-)

Premier Cycle Accessories had a couple revisions of Givi mount direct to tail area of the FJR.
I'd post pictures, but I don't have the image anywhere online and apparently can't post [presumably reasonable security and disk space reasons]. a quick Google image search isn't turning it up
Helps to login ... silly user error

I had 2, and kept the later, smaller, nicer version with FJR engraved in the plate (on the left) ... somewhat similar to SRA2109 in design but tighter, and in black without the folded down strap mount sections
90K miles later on my '08 Gen II, the v46 rattles a little (at rear-most latch, I believe), but should be an easy fix ... I just haven't gotten around to with so little (no) commuting during pandemic. And that includes riding CA's Lost Coast in '09 (felt like it required mountain biking skills the road patchwork was so bad)

With Givi mounted, you have to be 'in the know' to not think the Givi isn't direct mounted to the stock FJR tail

FJR Topbox Rack by Premier Cycle Accessories.JPG

P1010149.JPG

Last edited: