Going to the Dark Side

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So you're running a car tire AND a blank license plate?? When you crash that monstrosity and are agonizing in the plastic and aluminum furnace, that blank plate is gonna make it hard for rescue workers to know who you are.

You're such a rebel. Live to Ride-Ride to Live.

Coming soon to an FJR near me...damnit!
Now that's what I call full circle. The original install guy that helped me on the test tire enabling again.

How near? You or Scott?
me...damnit!
Took you long enough!

I thought you'd never work thru that rack of partially worn tires.
smile.png

So you're running a car tire AND a blank license plate?? When you crash that monstrosity and are agonizing in the plastic and aluminum furnace, that blank plate is gonna make it hard for rescue workers to know who you are.
Normally, I could give two shits about publicizing my license plate on the intardwebs, but i recall an Arizona Meter Maid having SUCH a hissy over someone else exposing themselves to untold, anonymous mother-stabbers, father-rapers and baby-barbecuers, I whipped out the old "paintbrush" tool and saved my world-wide privacy for some other .

Love to chat, but my 20 pound tom cat is burying his front claws in my left thigh trying to get my attention to feed his lovable, worthless ass. :D

Going to darkside the wing as soon as the wheel and tire get here. Gonna do some hot dogs over the plastic and aluminum flames.

Howie! My cat has yours by 4 pounds.

Oreo, my black & white tom cat (named by an at-the-time 6 year old) is now 16 years old and is a shadow of his former self. He used to "rule the roost" in our neighborhood...dogs would flee at the sight of him. He nearly got his ass kicked by a coyote that tried to eat him about 5 years ago, but the coyote lost an eye, an ear and most of its nose in the battle! TAKE THAT WILE E.!!!

At his peak, he was about 2 ounces shy of 32 pounds, without an ounce of fat!! He was THE ghetto cat 'round these parts, but age is taking its toll and we don't expect him to be around much longer. Gonna miss that asshole cat when the time comes. :cry:

me...damnit!
Took you long enough!

I thought you'd never work thru that rack of partially worn tires.
smile.png
Still working on the rack with my other back rim but those that remain are old and hard as rocks with few miles left.

I can't believe it either, DP, economics win this year. Using OC's original brake stay too although I've removed a bunch of metal by "drill press machining".

Another one bites the dust. Whassamatter, Doug? Couldn't resist that tasty Kool-Aid any more?

Also wanted to ask, Is that rim as ratty as it appears? Is that just a little dirt?

Gary
darksider #44

By the way, I've got 22k on my Exalto, and am planning a trip out to the OTHER west coast in about a month. It'll be interesting to see how well it holds up.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is done
And so it shall be. Welcome to the Darkside Dougc, you have been added to the FAQ as Darksider #61.

Welcome, my brother.

Please don't forget our annual gathering with the girls from the Jenny McCarthy School of Chrome Removal every July. All the Brethren are welcome and it's a pretty good time, even though we did stop drinking the cat blood after the incident with ScooterG, the jello and Rosie. Those girls don't fight fair and can take a beating!

v3oih4.jpg

The only *negative* I found with the car tire is picking the bike up from it's dirt nap. Fuel cell and car tire = PITA trying to put it verticle.... or so I'm told ;)

Has anyone asked ANY motorcycle manufacturer if putting a ridgid car tire on the back of a motorcycle is a good idea and stable for the bike??
If car tires were good for motorcycles why don't the manufacturers put them on?? They'd get much better mileage and could use that as a sales promotion. They design these bikes, they know what handles best.

If car tires handled good they would use them.

Showing a guy leaned over on a bike with a car tire doesn't mean it's stable, it only means he leaned over.

I've been riding for decades maybe longer than some of the "experts" here, I was trying to do the guy that did this a favor by pointing it out that it was a bad idea to put a car tire on the back of a bike. I was met with name calling by Scootertrash a Admin of all people.

I'm done and out of this ridiculous thread!
Don't let the door hit you in the ass, Might break your nose