Goldwing too small

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

otrfjr

Don't tell Mom
Reaction score
This was a first for me. Riding to work, bike ahead, I speed up slightly to see what it is. As I get closer, I see that it's a 'wing. As I get even closer, I see that something isn't quite right. It's an older 'wing--4 cylinders, maybe late 80s. But something doesn't look cricket. I get closer & realize that I can see the driver...on all three side of the trunk when viewed from directly behind. This dude made it look like a minibike. He was easily 350-400 and was cramped in the cockpit of that Goldwing. He looked uncomfortable because the bike was too small. This was an Interstate wing, not one of the early 80s versions.

When does an individual become too large for a motorcycle?

An individual becomes to big to ride when.....

The person can't get the bike out from between their cheeks!!!!!!! :glare:

Last edited by a moderator:
IMHO, when the rear tire rubs the fender...all the time

I once saw two 400 pounders getting out of a low-rider Geo Metro. When they got out, the car's clearance went up by 3-4 inches!

somewhere about this point:

320814152_82362c31c2_o.jpg

The more weight I can loose, or keep off, the faster the bike will go. That is what gets me on the treadmill most mornings.

Interesting... I tip the scales at 360, And i feel the FJR can handle my fat ass just fine...My guess is this guy weighs ALOT more than 350-400.

Just sayin'

;)

I think it's when you're too cramped or uncomfortable to operate the bike effectively. Height and inseam and arm length along with weight and general health all play a roll.

This was a first for me. Riding to work, bike ahead, I speed up slightly to see what it is. As I get closer, I see that it's a 'wing. As I get even closer, I see that something isn't quite right. It's an older 'wing--4 cylinders, maybe late 80s. But something doesn't look cricket. I get closer & realize that I can see the driver...on all three side of the trunk when viewed from directly behind. This dude made it look like a minibike. He was easily 350-400 and was cramped in the cockpit of that Goldwing. He looked uncomfortable because the bike was too small. This was an Interstate wing, not one of the early 80s versions.
When you have to wonder.......is the dude riding the motorcycle or is the motorcycle riding the dude. Could u hear the cycle screamin'? Poor thing. :blink: