Got a good memory?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJRSTAR

Fuggin' Just Ride the best sport-tourer on the
Reaction score
Remember this thread in cyberspace? ;)

Re: local dealer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

...is reliability going to be an issue with this bike?

Here's a good indicator for you: FJR1300 Long Term Update

- Warchild

reliability

Thanks WarchildXX for the reminder, I read that update sometime back and forgot about it. I guess after reading in here about the soft paint, check engine light and the leaky final drive issues some owners are having clouded my memory of the good results on the long term test. However we must keep in mind that Consomer Reports does not rate motorcycles, and that both Motorcyclist and Cycle World may not be the most unbiased publications!!

reliability

6500 miles, long term??

Miguel

Portugal

Re: reliability

Guntherr, I'm over 12,000 miles with no problems other than the soft clear coat which has firmed up now That part is pretty typical Yamaha, last 5 I have had all needed 6 months to harden. Wish I had had good luck with Kawi but most of my problems were dealer caused. If you have a good Yamaha dealer you should be very happy.

reliability

Thanks KentAiles for the reply, its always good reading good results. Sorry about your luck with kawi, hope your good luck continues with yamaha. Just like with every large purchase I make I always wonder if I made the right decision or not? I would also like to thank at this time all purchasers of last years fjr, It took guts to buck up without being able to see what you were buying. The thanks is from this chicken shit who could at least glimpse the arrivials of last years pdp program as they came in.

Re: reliability

tooth Md yes i do have a 97 1200 Bandit,first year they were available to us in the USA,,Its a awesome machine,,I have progressive fork springs,and 420 series rear shock,fork brace,dale walker stage 2 kit,ign advancer,D&D slip on,corbin seat,,and i will say that other than wind protection it is a very good bike for traveling as long as you keep it to 500 or so miles per day or lower,,,,I also have a 2000 concours in very good condition and it is for sale..it has gen mar risers ,rifle shield,,had a complete service and i do mean complete,everything checked lubed changed ,,anyone know of someone looking i can send pics and more info,,it has less than 4000 miles on it,,yea i know what a wuss,,but i also just sold a 95 FZR 600 so i had 3 bikes to pick from and always seemd to end up on my bandit,,which by the way wil probably never sell,,only bike i have had to date that means a whole lot to me,,i have a feeling it will sit quite a bit once i take delivery of my new FJR though,,,,,,Brian

Re: banditmasters concours

Banditmaster wouldn't they take your concours on trade?

Re: banditmasters concours

probably not,,i didnt even ask they sell Yamahas and Harleys ,,Buells,,,I dont think they would really want to do it and Its in such good condition and i feel probably more so than what i would getfor it ,,,,,,, most dealers seem to only give ya Blue Book Value ,,,,Brian