• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

GPSUSPENSION.COM GROUP BUY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd recommend just calling Dave Hodges at GP Suspension. There's a very high likelihood he'll give you the group buy pricing if you just mention these forums. ;)
Fixed it for you! :)
Gary, Dave, whatever :p

Thanks

Just ordered the fork compression and rebound valving kit with new springs.. I will do a self install. Currently have the Ohlins 707.

Dave continues to honor the GB price.. Thanks WC !

Another bump for GP suspension - still offering GB price. :clapping:

Last week while preparing bike for 3K ride to start this Saturday, noticed the seals had started to leak. :angry: Called Dave to see if he could rebuild forks for me in time. He said he was extremely busy, but ship the legs out to him and he would try to get them done. He received them Monday afternoon and had the fork sent out Tuesday afternoon and package was waiting for me yesterday afternoon when I got home. :yahoo:

Re-installed the forks last night and went for a quick test ride - boy what a difference. :yahoo:

Thanks W.C. for setting up the group buy and thanks to Dave at GP suspension for still honoring the group buy price. :clapping:

Just to note, bike had just over 23000 mile and Dave said the lower bushings were shot.

Last week while preparing bike for 3K ride to start this Saturday, noticed the seals had started to leak. :angry: Called Dave to see if he could rebuild forks for me in time. He said he was extremely busy, but ship the legs out to him and he would try to get them done. He received them Monday afternoon and had the fork sent out Tuesday afternoon and package was waiting for me yesterday afternoon when I got home. :yahoo:

Re-installed the forks last night and went for a quick test ride - boy what a difference. :yahoo:

Thanks W.C. for setting up the group buy and thanks to Dave at GP suspension for still honoring the group buy price. :clapping:

Just to note, bike had just over 23000 mile and Dave said the lower bushings were shot.
Just got mine done under YES, 28k, for no charge

I could have gone that direction as well, however since the forks were going to be apart anyway, I opted to have GP install new rebound and compression kits, new springs, etc... Trust me, much better than the stock setup and well worth the cost. :p

I could have gone that direction as well, however since the forks were going to be apart anyway, I opted to have GP install new rebound and compression kits, new springs, etc... Trust me, much better than the stock setup and well worth the cost. :p
I'm sure your right...

can somebody please post a picture of a Gen 2 bike with the Penske reservoir mounted on the side,thanks.

can somebody please post a picture of a Gen 2 bike with the Penske reservoir mounted on the side,thanks.
Standby..I have to get a picture. i just mounted mine last saturday.

BTW..GP is still giving the group buy discount. Those guys rock. Best money spent on the bike so far.

Here it is:

0322120952.jpg

Strike3,

If the picture isn't enough feel free to PM me a phone number and I can give you a call. the whole install was a lot easier than I thought it would be.

You might browse this if you're doing it yourself.

Clicky

Apparently I did it the hard way. I think you can do it without removing all the stuff I did. Do a search on "shock install" or Penske

Edit: Yes, mine looks just like Intech's

Last edited by a moderator:

Clicky

Apparently I did it the hard way. I think you can do it without removing all the stuff I did. Do a search on "shock install" or Penske

Just browsed your post. Way easier to get to the top bolt for removal and installation, but a whole lot of stuff to remove and reinstall. I did it by just removing the plugs on the ABS modules and taking the bolts out of the bracket. That bracket held the switch for the stock shock and holds the rear brake resevoir and ABS manifold. With that loose it made it easier to get the top shock bolt out and back in. Note that I said "easier" not easy. With patience and using a jack on the swing arm to control the position of the shock it wasn't too bad.

thanks for the pic,i was able to mount the shock only removing the grey side plates. the Penske reservoir mount I assume is bolted on the back side of the chassis and not between the bracket and the bike chassis. Should be able to finish my install today. did the front forks with new springs and valve kit and of course the rear penske shock with a 800 pound spring,looking forward to riding again.

Clicky

Just browsed your post. Way easier to get to the top bolt for removal and installation, but a whole lot of stuff to remove and reinstall. I did it by just removing the plugs on the ABS modules and taking the bolts out of the bracket. That bracket held the switch for the stock shock and holds the rear brake resevoir and ABS manifold. With that loose it made it easier to get the top shock bolt out and back in. Note that I said "easier" not easy. With patience and using a jack on the swing arm to control the position of the shock it wasn't too bad.
FWIW, I did a ride-in install on my 07, and they didn't remove a single part off the bike (I had already taken the side bags off, but that probably wasn't even entirely necessary). They didn't even remove the seats, and not a single fairing. I still don't entirely know how the hell they did that!

Clicky

FWIW, I did a ride-in install on my 07, and they didn't remove a single part off the bike (I had already taken the side bags off, but that probably wasn't even entirely necessary). They didn't even remove the seats, and not a single fairing. I still don't entirely know how the hell they did that!
Lots of practice!