Great Customer Service

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1FJR

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
So I had ridden my motorcycle to Rochester, NY from Granby Colorado. I had ordered a rear tire for the ride home. I had them order a new Avon Storm. Well I went on Tuesday and they mounted the tire and had it all set for me to go in no time. Took the wheel back home, got it mounted and was ready to go. Fast forward to AM and I am heading out the door. Got a mile down the road and stopped because the bike did not feel right. Turns out the back tire was flat. So pumped it back up and went back home. Got up checked the tire and it was flat again. No signs that I had run over anything.

Stripped off the wheel and took it to the shop. They spent 1/2 hour trying to figure out what was wrong. Then they found it. There was a defect in the side wall. There was a small grove that was letting air out. They did not have a tire in stock for the FJR. It would have been Thursday before I could get another tire. I am supposed to be back at work on Saturday.

Then Michael Maney who works there said that he had one option. He is also the person that I had talked to on the phone when I ordered the tire. He pulled a slightly used Metz Z6 out from the back. He told me that it had come off of a FJR that a customer had exchanged after a 1000 miles. Customer did not like the Metzler. Michael was going to put the tire on his bike for a trip to Minnesota next week. He gave me the tire and refunded the money for the other tire. Got it mounted and balanced in no time and I was out the door. :yahoo:

So if you are in the Rochester area and need a shop, try Filer's Power Sports at 1136 RT 31, Macedon, NY. 585-464-9999 or 315-986-1082.

On another note, this will be the last Avon tire that I buy until they figure out their quality control.